Package driver going combo 22.3

Sumsum

Iv been with ups 13 years
8 years I did package car driver
In april I will do 2 years as a combo 22.3
Question:
Since I have more full time seniority then most of the combos does that mean anything? In the contract it says I’m classification seniority order, which I get but my full time don’t start over and combo start dates not my new senority date.
So, I should have rights as a full time senority order in the classification bids correct?
The only reason I am asking is because my BA says one thing but my Stewart’s are saying another.
Not many drivers go combo 22.3
So it’s not a common question.
In our hub we have almost 80 combo 22.3 employees and the hub opened 4 years ago.
So all of a sudden the company and union wants to re bid. My job hrs are great.
I left package car to go combo to have a life. If we re bid and they don’t go by full time senority I may loose that.
Thanks!

542thruNthru

Iv been with ups 13 years
8 years I did package car driver
In april I will do 2 years as a combo 22.3
Question:
Since I have more full time seniority then most of the combos does that mean anything? In the contract it says I’m classification seniority order, which I get but my full time don’t start over and combo start dates not my new senority date.
So, I should have rights as a full time senority order in the classification bids correct?
The only reason I am asking is because my BA says one thing but my Stewart’s are saying another.
Not many drivers go combo 22.3
So it’s not a common question.
In our hub we have almost 80 combo 22.3 employees and the hub opened 4 years ago.
So all of a sudden the company and union wants to re bid. My job hrs are great.
I left package car to go combo to have a life. If we re bid and they don’t go by full time senority I may loose that.
Thanks!

What supplement are you under? What did your BA say?

Here in the West it's classification seniority. So if all the 22.3 jobs were rebid, per our Supplmental contract it would go to the highest 22.3 person first then highest FT then highest PT.

Sumsum

What supplement are you under? What did your BA say?

Here in the West it's classification seniority. So if all the 22.3 jobs were rebid, per our Supplmental contract it would go to the highest 22.3 person first then highest FT then highest PT.
I’m southern. And BA is new trying to figure it out since we just re voted on a knew team slate.
But yes my contract states the same I just thought since I had more full time senority it would mean something.
So basically I have to start from bottom even though I have more full time senority?

542thruNthru

I’m southern. And BA is new trying to figure it out since we just re voted on a knew team slate.
But yes my contract states the same I just thought since I had more full time senority it would mean something.
So basically I have to start from bottom even though I have more full time senority?

Yes I would say that's correct. Just like if I were to go to feeder I would be at the bottom even if I had the most FT years of everyone.

Sumsum

Yes I would say that's correct. Just like if I were to go to feeder I would be at the bottom even if I had the most FT years of everyone.
But you have to make feeder senority. When you go combo you already have full time senority. Feeders you have 3 different senority dates. Combo it’s just 2
Your company senority and your full time senority.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
probably. A high building seniority can be flexed if you were on layoff but otherwise the other 22.3's get dibs on vacation selection.

542thruNthru

But you have to make feeder senority. When you go combo you already have full time senority. Feeders you have 3 different senority dates. Combo it’s just 2
Your company senority and your full time senority.

It may have been a bad analogy for your area.

Point is each classification has its on seniority list. When you rebid you will also be above any high seniority driver that may decide he wants a 22.3 position because you have a higher classification seniority.

You're actually pretty lucky. It takes almost 20 years here to get a 22.3 position.