Package driver to full time management

TidalWafe

If you have made the jump from full time/vested package driver to full time management, what happened to your Teamster pension. I have been told that I keep what I’ve earned (Approx 15-17 years) and that I get control over it once I leave the Union. Any similar experience?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
These are important questions to ask before you make the switch as I could totally lie to you and you’d based your decisions on that lie

But then again, management will lie to you anyways so I guess it really doesn’t matter.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
If you have made the jump from full time/vested package driver to full time management, what happened to your Teamster pension. I have been told that I keep what I’ve earned (Approx 15-17 years) and that I get control over it once I leave the Union. Any similar experience?

You don't get control over it. When you reach whatever age yours start paying you get your monthly payment. It's a pension not a 401k

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Seriously ?

If you are vested in a Teamster pension plan, you keep those earned years.

You will start receiving a monthly benefit at age 65, or 67, maybe age 70.

In no way, shape, or form....

Do you get "control" over those monies if you move to management.

-Bug-