package handler fired from doing driver helper?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Center seemed to use a handful of Helpers as "Floaters", they would move around between different drivers. As a driver, I wanted the same Helper to show up and be dependable every day. The Helpers that called in a lot or wouldn't answer the phone would be let go.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
A PVD burned me today by literally saying “no thanks, see you on Monday” after which I had to deliver their 40 stops that were loaded onto my PC but weren’t in my DIAD. I will not be calling that guy again.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
A PVD burned me today by literally saying “no thanks, see you on Monday” after which I had to deliver their 40 stops that were loaded onto my PC but weren’t in my DIAD. I will not be calling that guy again.
So you will be delivering his 40 stops every day?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
More money for you. You should’ve taken out 1000 in 100s and made it rain in his face.

KOG72

I’m full of it
Driver helpers who’s using them this year unless you know them I wouldn’t let them ride with me .I opted out of having a helper this year just not safe.

DriverNerd

Your best bet would just be to talk to a driver supervisor about the issue. If you think you can do 3 or 4 days, but are so tired you need off on Tues/Thurs or Wednesday respectively, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to use you accordingly. If you are just calling in some random days, it's much harder to make it work. Plus it all depends on the hub. In ours, we're so desperate for any help, they'd be more than happy to let you work if you could provide a set schedule of days available.

old levi's

blank space
My Center seemed to use a handful of Helpers as "Floaters", they would move around between different drivers. As a driver, I wanted the same Helper to show up and be dependable every day. The Helpers that called in a lot or wouldn't answer the phone would be let go.
I hated to have a Hinderer on the truck with me, and mgmt. knew it.
They would usually let me fly solo until the final few days of peak.

BrownSnowFlake

If you have the 3.0 update you should be able to scan those into EDD

I mean the 40 extra stops still sucks but PVD routes are usually pretty tight

Kingofthenorth

Let’s say you don’t want to help afterwards and rest especially during peak where you’re going in at early hours. will they stop using you as a helper?

depends on the hub/driver. In many hubs they don’t have the luxury of “firing” helpers as they can not get even close to enough helpers. If someone doesn’t want to drive 30 minutes to meet you for $15 an hour for a few hours how can you blame them. It’s ludicrous.