[Package Handler] I actually enjoy my job...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ravens_Nation52, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Ravens_Nation52

Ravens_Nation52 New Member

New hire here, been working as a PT package handler for a month now. I was just wondering if I should be strapped in a stray jacket somewhere in an isolated room with cushioning because, well as stated I actually enjoy package handling. Now of course that could change considering I am relatively new, but it feels strange since almost all my coworkers and most people on forums appear that they hate doing this job. I'm even considering working two shifts a day, which at my facility would amount to an average 11 hour work day which does seem pretty nuts.

2. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

It's just a phase. You should order some cheap :censored2: from the UPS Catalog before you reach the point at which the sight of UPS anything at home might make you lose your latest meal.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  3. silenze

silenze Lunch is the best part of the day

Your still on your ups honeymoon. When that ends its pure hell until you die.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

It's like having a new girlfriend. Everything is so nice in the beginning. She still has that new girl smell. She cooks , cleans and ain't afraid to get down on a knee. The first time you ask her to make you a sandwich and she gives you that dirty look, it's time to go.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

It's like the pizza rule.

After romantic, intimate relations.... what's your first thought ?

Do I want to stay and cuddle ?

Or, "I wonder if there is any cold pizza in the fridge" ?

The true test of love.

6. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

A whole month and they haven't told you they see "potential" in you and you should go into management?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  7. SolidWoodPanel

SolidWoodPanel Probably the Greatest American Alive

Eat a dick. You're a :censored2:tard.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Wut? How would you know?

9. john chesney

john chesney Well-Known Member

I just happen to have a package that needs handled about right now. Can you stop over?

10. llamainmypocket

llamainmypocket Active Member

You won't change. The workload they give you will. It's a learning process. You're not a snowflake.

11. GenericUsername

GenericUsername Active Member

I enjoy driving and package delivery. I dislike my supervisors, dispatch, the center manager, and the rest of the people that are from corporate. The job is simple. The people make it harder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. You need to go thru a peak season... then let's see what you think of the dump. If you are loading 2 trucks and like your job.. they will give you 3 to load... if you still like it they will give you 4 to load...etc..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. Mr.Box

Mr.Box Beer and more beer

Get a room

14. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

I bet you do son! I'm sure you have years of practice and are an expert. I think you're some kind of deviated prevert!

15. siouxman

siouxman siouxman

Good luck on your new job I hope it goes well for you.It is nice to see someone with a great attitude

16. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

If you can get in a nice rhythm it's not too bad. Listen to your headphones and zone out. Gets annoying when some poor sup gets in the way.

17. H.E. Pennypacker

H.E. Pennypacker Mmm, Mombasa!

They let you have phones?... We get searched like we are going into Fort Knox. They crack down on that one hard in FTW

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. BrownThunder

BrownThunder Active Member

If you enjoy it, I'm happy for you bud.

19. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Positivity is against site rules. Consider this a warning infraction

20. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Toot toot!