PACKAGE HANDLER QUESTIONS. HELP ME OUT

SavagePickle

Hey UPSers. Question for you guys. So im thinking about working at ups as a package handler for the 11pm-4am starting at $10.50 as a second job. I already have a salaried full time job and im more or less just trying to earn extra cash. My question for you guys is, what is the pay raise progression like if im starting at $10.50 hr. Second question is how easy is it to actually move up? I kind of have a 'supervisor like' attitude that I carried on from past jobs and im pretty sure I would stand out more than the people who just show up for a paycheck. Any thoughts guys?

El Correcto

god is dead
You could easily go part time supervisor. I wouldn't though could end up conflicting with your other job. UPS part time just for extra cash? Wouldn't do that either.

GenericUsername

If you go into the supervisor position, you'll have to pay for your own insurance/etc. Not sure what the benefits of your primary job is, but if you stay as a loader/whatever, after a year you'll get free healthcare. Just a thought there.

Pay progression isn't the greatest, something like 50 cents or so? Not a dollar, that's all I know. But the benefits are worth it.

SavagePickle

I work at a bank, so I'm pretty much set w but I've done stuff like this from past jobs, but with ups high turn over rate it looks rather easy to move up if I simply just suck it up there haha.. at least it would be at no loss to me if I ended up hating the place lol

PT Car Washer

I work at a bank, but I've done stuff like this from past jobs, but with ups high turn over rate it looks rather easy to move up if I simply just suck it up there haha
I guess it depends on what you mean by "moving up". A lot of employees do not consider a PT sup job as moving up. Just more hours and more headaches with no job protection.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I work at a bank, so I'm pretty much set w but I've done stuff like this from past jobs, but with ups high turn over rate it looks rather easy to move up if I simply just suck it up there haha.. at least it would be at no loss to me if I ended up hating the place lol
You work at a bank. Now you think you wanna "earn extra cash" loading trailers. I'm betting there's a 90% chance you will quit after a week when you get that first big paycheck....if you don't quit sooner. Stop asking questions on the internet and go apply for the job. You will soon see exactly what I mean.

This job doesn't sound like it's for you.

This is a union job and you.onlyove up by seniority. If you get hired now it's just seasonal and doesn't count towards your seniority. If you need extra cash gey a job in retail, it's a lot less work

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This job doesn't sound like it's for you.

This is a union job and you.onlyove up by seniority. If you get hired now it's just seasonal and doesn't count towards your seniority. If you need extra cash gey a job in retail, it's a lot less work
He is qualified to be a on car sup.

km3

Ahh...no not that of a dick head...more so actual leadership.

There's no room for that at UPS. IE runs things around here, everybody else is just a pawn.

You'll start at $10.15, not $10.50. You'll get a $0.50 raise per year, and the possibility of a skilled pay raise of $1.00 depending on what job you do. The only exception is the first year. That extra $0.15 is a result of minimum wage increases, and UPS deducts that from your raises.

jaker

trolling
Hey UPSers. Question for you guys. So im thinking about working at ups as a package handler for the 11pm-4am starting at $10.50 as a second job. I already have a salaried full time job and im more or less just trying to earn extra cash. My question for you guys is, what is the pay raise progression like if im starting at $10.50 hr. Second question is how easy is it to actually move up? I kind of have a 'supervisor like' attitude that I carried on from past jobs and im pretty sure I would stand out more than the people who just show up for a paycheck. Any thoughts guys?
Lol lol lol lol lol lol