package handlers being fired for missing on escan

tony b

brown bear
In Missouri in our center, there are handlers getting fired, walked out the building because they missed scanning one package in their truck. We as shop stewards are vehemently protesting this. Mgmt is saying he failed to follow instructions. You gotta be kidding me.
Is this happening in your center or hub?

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
I don't really understand what your talking about. I'm a preloader/loader. Are you saying that they are supposed to scan packages before they put them on their truck? Are you saying that they are scanners in the unload or decap area that got out of sequence? I'm really not sure what job position the people that are getting fired are performing, please clarify...I'm not sure what escan is...not familiar with that term.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I don't really understand what your talking about. I'm a preloader/loader. Are you saying that they are supposed to scan packages before they put them on their truck? Are you saying that they are scanners in the unload or decap area that got out of sequence? I'm really not sure what job position the people that are getting fired are performing, please clarify...I'm not sure what escan is...not familiar with that term.

It sounds like loading into a trailer, not a truck. Maybe a missed scan outbound scan?

Big Babooba

I had four off area NDAs in my load one day. I have no commitment time and made service on one. The preloader only got a "talk with". I guess that nowadays, the info about the package is more important that the actual package. He/she deserves to be fired for missing one scan..............yeah right!:angry:

iowa boy

Yep, sounds like missouri district to me. Where Im at, the local sort was just threatened with "automatic" warning letters if any one comes in under the magic number for misload frequency for the previous week.:biting:

BrownEvo

I used to miss some especially the ones that can't scan due to lines through the bar code from printing error or really faded bar codes. Never had time especially during peak to key it in manually in the trailer during daysort

rocket man

Calll your local grivience within 5 days your not geting fired for poor performance you getting your pay for the days you missed wake up start getting more active in the union

Big Babooba

Calll your local grivience within 5 days your not geting fired for poor performance you getting your pay for the days you missed wake up start getting more active in the union

Hey look a semi coherent sentence :wink2::happy-very::funny:
Grant him some slack. After all it is Sunday morning. He may not be awake/sober yet. It must have had a hell of a Saturday night! The funny thing is that I know what he is saying. I must not be awake/sober yet!!!:wink2:

M

Mike23

Grant him some slack. After all it is Sunday morning. He may not be awake/sober yet. It must have had a hell of a Saturday night! The funny thing is that I know what he is saying. I must not be awake/sober yet!!!:wink2:

We can tell by your picture on the left. You do look like a cranky cat in the morning :happy-very:

brownrodster

It would take an act of god to get rid of one of our preloaders. I guess that once they find someone actually willing to work our preload they will ignore any faults and just hope they don't quit.

They must have an abundance of loaders in MO. Here they could all but murder someone in the back of their trailer and only get a verbal warning.