Package left at center without label.

Hey guys, I haven't been with UPS long. I had just punched out last night and there was a package outside the center by the door that had 95% of the label torn off. We're a tiny center of 5 drivers (no pre or unloaders and there isn't anyone at the center while we're driving. People drop off out going all the time. I took it in to send it out and realized there was no label. It hadn't ever been opened or re taped so I figure someone thinks they can just drop it off and we'll print out a label. It's one of those fancy iRobot Vacumes. That's what the box says... what do I do with it??? First instinct is finders keepers but it doesn't seem right.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
It's probably a next day air that didn't make the outgoing trailer and your supervisor didn't want to get gigged for it.

No label, no foul...

ManInBrown

Hey guys, I haven't been with UPS long. I had just punched out last night and there was a package outside the center by the door that had 95% of the label torn off. We're a tiny center of 5 drivers (no pre or unloaders and there isn't anyone at the center while we're driving. People drop off out going all the time. I took it in to send it out and realized there was no label. It hadn't ever been opened or re taped so I figure someone thinks they can just drop it off and we'll print out a label. It's one of those fancy iRobot Vacumes. That's what the box says... what do I do with it??? First instinct is finders keepers but it doesn't seem right.
Finders keepers? Are you serious? Find a different line of work. This job and company isn't for you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Once you punch out forget about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like a management problem to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If there is not enough of the label on the outside and no return label on the inside the package will be sent to overgoods where, if not claimed, it will be sold at a surplus auction.

I think you might be in the wrong line of work, my friend.
I'm not saying my first instinct. I guess what I'm saying is human instinct. I'm mainly asking what to do with it. Just give it to my sup and let him figure it out? Because taking it home and losing a fine job over a vacuum doesn't seem realistic.

ManInBrown

I'm not saying my first instinct. I guess what I'm saying is human instinct. I'm mainly asking what to do with it. Just give it to my sup and let him figure it out? Because taking it home and losing a fine job over a vacuum doesn't seem realistic.
What to do with it? Walk right past it, like it's not there. Don't get involved. If a customer wants to be an idiot let em be. Not your place to do anything with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Take it inside and put it on the sup's desk. Let him/her deal with it.

LeadBelly

Banned
Are you trolling looking for some laughs?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

A) YOU'RE A TROLL

B) If not, you are an idiot !!!!!

giphy.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not saying my first instinct. I guess what I'm saying is human instinct.

I know most humans first instinct isn't to take something that doesn't belong to them, that's instincts of an opportunistic thief.

There's a thread in here about doing the right thing when when no one is looking, you should read it.

DOK

5 drivers in the center??? You're lucky, must be super-Rural.

barnyard

KTM rider
5 drivers in the center??? You're lucky, must be super-Rural.

No kidding. Pretty sure the Havre, MT center has 10 routes. Maybe it was 8...

We went by another building on Hwy 2 in MT that looked like it only had 4 package cars.

I know most humans first instinct isn't to take something that doesn't belong to them, that's instincts of an opportunistic thief.

There's a thread in here about doing the right thing when when no one is looking, you should read it.
I completely agree. Lol, Unfortunately I think that prob 10% of the world can be trusted.. that's pushing it.