Package never scanned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighlyAdaptive

Hello all,

I've been at my wits end and I don't know where else to post this thread so I apologize if this is the wrong spot.

I ordered a drill about a week ago. I paid around $1k for it. The seller setup a date for the UPS driver to pick it up and he came and picked it up (We have video proof of this). However, I was wondering why the status on the tracking never changed from order processed so I contacted the vendor and he called UPS up who told him that the package was never scanned. From there it's been one nightmare of contradictions. I called UPS to make sure that the vendor wasn't giving me the runaround and they confirmed they were looking for the package. I called a few days later and was told it may be in Belgium even though it's a domestic shipment (NJ to CA). Now I'm being told it may still be at the hub in NJ but since it doesn't have any serial numbers they wont be able to find it.

The worst part is that UPS is not willing to accept the video of the driver picking up the package and not scanning it as proof so I may be out of luck for any hopes of a claim apparently. So does anyone know how something like this is handled as I feel I'm being led on everytime I call UPS and I'm given a different story each time.

Thank you in advance.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
NJ to CA, meaning California's or Canada?

NJ is 4 or 5 days to the west coast. IF it has not been that long, it is possible the scan was missed and is on the way. The package will not show any physical scans and will only be logical ( what the system predicts for its routing) otherwise it will end up in overlords or damages.

HighlyAdaptive

NJ to CA, meaning California's or Canada?

NJ is 4 or 5 days to the west coast. IF it has not been that long, it is possible the scan was missed and is on the way. Otherwise it will end up in overlords or damages.
It's been about 9 days. If it is in overloads or damages can it be found?

Edd O'Rion

It would’ve helped if he scanned it when he picked it up, but we aren’t allowed to do that anymore. You could also threaten to get the police involved, since you have proof UPS took your package.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's been about 9 days. If it is in overloads or damages can it be found?
Oops that should say overgoods...darn autocorrect. Perhaps it will be found but the questions will remain; was it damaged? Did the label rip off? Can it be identified? And so on

You aren't going to find those answers here.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hello all,

I've been at my wits end and I don't know where else to post this thread so I apologize if this is the wrong spot.

I ordered a drill about a week ago. I paid around $1k for it. The seller setup a date for the UPS driver to pick it up and he came and picked it up (We have video proof of this). However, I was wondering why the status on the tracking never changed from order processed so I contacted the vendor and he called UPS up who told him that the package was never scanned. From there it's been one nightmare of contradictions. I called UPS to make sure that the vendor wasn't giving me the runaround and they confirmed they were looking for the package. I called a few days later and was told it may be in Belgium even though it's a domestic shipment (NJ to CA). Now I'm being told it may still be at the hub in NJ but since it doesn't have any serial numbers they wont be able to find it.

The worst part is that UPS is not willing to accept the video of the driver picking up the package and not scanning it as proof so I may be out of luck for any hopes of a claim apparently. So does anyone know how something like this is handled as I feel I'm being led on everytime I call UPS and I'm given a different story each time.

Thank you in advance.

Was there not a tracking number? UPS does not care about the video. At some point that package would have been scanned at least one time. The claim would come from the shipper to UPS and you would have to make claim against the shipper.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Was there not a tracking number? UPS does not care about the video. At some point that package would have been scanned at least one time. The claim would come from the shipper to UPS and you would have to make claim against the shipper.
Settle the friend down. It’s Friday in 49 minuets

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you didnt own the drill or ship it,, why would you be concerned with the claim? The stance at UPS is that they own it until it was delivered.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What kind of drill does $1k buy?!?!?
9C848109-52CF-4837-8871-F73152F13E35.gif

DriverNerd

So if it's a lost package and hasn't been given to you, the shipper should refund you and file a claim with UPS. UPS only deals with shippers about information of a shipment not with the consignee. Have you seen this video yourself?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We steal more stuff than the mob and the Clintons combined . The drill is history!
FB-090617-Hillary-Face.jpg

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Wire me another thousand I'll send it this time , look , ups picked it up

Attachments

• IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 403
Status
Not open for further replies.