Paid holiday for NYE ?

UPS087

Hello, I am currently considered an air driver and decided to work on NYE. When looking at my paycheck I was paid my regular air wage. I should have got time and half at least, or even double time.. correct?? Thanks

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Hello, I am currently considered an air driver and decided to work on NYE. When looking at my paycheck I was paid my regular air wage. I should have got time and half at least, or even double time.. correct?? Thanks

Nope.

Air drivers are straight time, plus your Holiday pay.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well that's not right, I mean what is at UPS though. Thanks

It is what it is.

ARTICLE 40. AIR OPERATION

Section 1 - Air Drivers

(j) Holiday Work

(4) Air drivers and support employees scheduled on a holiday to ensure air service to the customer, including time performing incidental work, shall receive straight-time for all hours worked up to eight (8) hours in addition to the holiday pay. Overtime provisions shall apply if the employee works over eight (8) hours.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No sir. One of the downfalls of being an air driver.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It is what it is.

ARTICLE 40. AIR OPERATION

Section 1 - Air Drivers

(j) Holiday Work

(4) Air drivers and support employees scheduled on a holiday to ensure air service to the customer, including time performing incidental work, shall receive straight-time for all hours worked up to eight (8) hours in addition to the holiday pay. Overtime provisions shall apply if the employee works over eight (8) hours.
Since NYE was an "air operation", it should be straight time. However, it does say anyone "scheduled", meaning if you are/were not scheduled to perform air work, it should be 1.5x or 2x generally (depending upon local agreements)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Since NYE was an "air operation", it should be straight time. However, it does say anyone "scheduled", meaning if you are/were not scheduled to perform air work, it should be 1.5x or 2x generally (depending upon local agreements)

He was an air driver. Straight time.

Support employees, straight time.

Any package drivers working get the supplemental rate.

Article 40

(2) When the scheduling needs cannot be met using the above provision, the Employer shall have the right to force part-time air drivers and then full-time air drivers to work starting in reverse order of seniority. If after exhausting the above steps scheduling needs are still not met, the Employer shall offer the work in seniority order within the package driver classification. If more drivers are still needed the reverse seniority order concept will be used for package drivers. Package car drivers who work on a holiday may make a written request for an eight (8) hour guarantee. Such written request shall be made the last work day prior to the holiday. All time worked by these drivers on a holiday will be paid at the Supplemental holiday rate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Correct.

As I told the OP, he is an air driver. Straight time.

Any package car driver, whether volunteering or forced, supplemental rate.
I agree but you can (or at least should) be able to get 1.5x or 2x as an air driver (or "air support") if you are not scheduled. For ex: NYE was a Monday, and we've got plenty of T-S 22.3 or otherwise air drivers. Air driver does not necessarily mean automatic straight time.