Paid paternity leave anyone?

daybyday

I'm a preloader in Florida and have had one or two people say they got paid paternity leave. We have a new preload sup that doesn't know anything about it. Anyone get it or know about it? Thanks in advance

UPSGUY72

I'm a preloader in Florida and have had one or two people say they got paid paternity leave. We have a new preload sup that doesn't know anything about it. Anyone get it or know about it? Thanks in advance

Under Florida law, private employers are not required to provide leave of any kind. The legislature concluded that these matters are best determined by the employer/employee contract. The federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), however, allows qualified employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to attend to family or medical matters, including birth or adoption of a child, care for an immediate family member, or care for the employee's own health. Both men and women are covered under the FMLA; thus, a father can take paternity leave.

I don't think UPS is going to pay you to go on paternity leave when the law says they don't have too.

However you should contact you HR rep and they will tell you everything you need to know.

daybyday

Article 16 section 4. Says thoughs that do not qualify for fmla are granted leave not to exceed one week. We get funeral pay so I would not see it as too far off to get this.

Johney

It use to be a week(unpaid)in Fla for maternity leave but that may have changed. I took three days for each of my kids but that was a while ago.

ChadBrunn: allowed, not aloud. not trying to be the spelling police,but come on.I'm far from the best but dam.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You are allowed to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave, though you can opt to be paid off for all but one week of vacation.

THERE IS NO PAID PATERNITY LEAVE.

HomeDelivery

You are allowed to take up to 12 weeks unpaid leave, though you can opt to be paid off for all but one week of vacation.

THERE IS NO PAID PATERNITY LEAVE.

upsguy answered it the best, since this is state-specific... sorry u are in FL to not reap this reward of being a family guy :sad-little:

cement, in NJ there is a paid maternity/ paternity leave

quick google result verifies it if ya don't believe me!

http://www.progressivestates.org/content/369/maternity-and-paternity-leave :peaceful:

ChadBrunn

Johney:887965 said:
It use to be a week(unpaid)in Fla for maternity leave but that may have changed. I took three days for each of my kids but that was a while ago.

ChadBrunn: allowed, not aloud. not trying to be the spelling police,but come on.I'm far from the best but dam.
Hey, thanks for the correction. Forgot that you are so perfect. Where would we be without you?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
407 ABOUT 9 MONTHS FROM TODAY !!!

22690-04_t_400.jpg