Pain in my fingers

Aquel Daley

I'm loader for about a week and Im starting to feel pain in my fingers every time I open them and close. Idk if it's sore or something but I don't want miss work because of it. Help!!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/package-handler-sore-cramping-fingers.358073/
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/sore-stiff-swollen-hands.352075/

If only there were a way to search for information. Maybe someday.

2vx0u95.jpg

Box Ox

Took my body a few months to fully adjust to the movements and pace of the work. Aspirin, stretch, warm water etc. Your body should come around eventually.

If you don't already, also consider wearing gloves with a good grip while you load. I never work without mine. Will keep your hands nice and pretty and allow you to use a little less force to grab and hold onto stuff.

J

jibbs

Your hands are getting stronger, aqua, that's all. You've worked out before, right? Remember how your body feels the day after? That's what your hands are going through right now, that's all.

I get tendonitis flare-ups in my middle- and ring-finger all the gosh darn time. Hurts like a mother :censored2:er whenever I clench my fist or go to open a bottle or grab a doorknob, that kind of stuff.

There's really nothing that can be done for that (tendonitis) other than strengthening your muscles (well... tendons, really), increasing muscle endurance and, maybe, only if it's insane, take an NSAID or two like Tylenol or Aleve.

Legitimyze

I have been loading/unloading for about 3 months now, I still get the cramp/soreness in the morning. So you will have to get use to it for a while. I run my hands under warm water in the morning and that seem to help a lot, by the time I start working for the day the pain is already gone.

Aquel Daley

Took my body a few months to fully adjust to the movements and pace of the work. Aspirin, stretch, warm water etc. Your body should come around eventually.

If you don't already, also consider wearing gloves with a good grip while you load. I never work without mine. Will keep your hands nice and pretty and allow you to use a little less force to grab and hold onto stuff.
I have the gloves with the rubber on the bottom. Do I now need to get the ones for like arthritis or something?