Paris Attacks - Presidential Candidate Reactions

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Since I rarely watch TV (other Internet, Youtube or Netflix) I missed the events in Paris.
I thought I would try and catch up by watching the Sunday News shows.
I saw Ben Carson on one of these shows and all he did was dodge the questions and seemed to have no real, thought-out reaction if he was President.

I did not know who he was (he is black) and was surprised at his eluding based on what I had heard of him.

How have the other candidates reacted?

rod

Retired 22 years
I heard that Trump made a comment about the people of Paris should have had guns. I watched one video of the attacks that was recorded by a person looking out of a window and I thought to myself "Damn - if only he had a rifle he could take out a couple of those SOB's".

oldngray

nowhere special
Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders doubled down on the link between terrorism and climate change Sunday in defense of his stance that global warming presents the greatest national security threat to the United States.

"If we are going to see an increase in drought, in flood, and extreme weather disturbances as a result of climate change, what that means is that people all over the world are going to be fighting over limited natural resources," the Vermont senator said Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation," elaborating on an arugment he made during the CBS News Democratic debate Saturday night. "If there is not enough water, if there is not enough land to grow your crops, then you're going to see migrations of people fighting over land that will sustain them. And that will lead to international conflict."

Pressed by moderator John Dickerson over the explicit link between a drought and the Paris attacks this weekend, Sanders took the connection one step further.

"When people migrate into cities and they don't have jobs, there's going to be a lot more instability, a lot more unemployment, and people will be subject to the types of propaganda that al Qaeda and ISIS are using right now," he said
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-doubles-down-climate-change-terrorism-link/

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Apparently you either have a reading or a hearing disability since you fail to understand what was said.

Or you are just very dense.
He said they're related, which they are. You claimed that he said the attacks were created by climate change, there's a big difference.

The department of defense says they're related. Do you disagree with our military?

oldngray

nowhere special
He said they're related, which they are. You claimed that he said climate change caused the attacks, there's a big difference.

The department of defense says they're related. Do you disagree with our military?

So now you agree with everything some people in the department of defense say? Does that mean you also believe everything else they have said?

Where is your proof they are related by the way?

(hint:http://www.differencebetween.net/science/difference-between-causation-and-correlation/)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So now you agree with everything some people in the department of defense say? Does that mean you also believe everything else they have said?
So now you answer questions with questions to avoid answering questions?
Where is your proof they are related by the way?
http://www.defense.gov/News-Article-View/Article/612710
 Persistently recurring conditions such as flooding, drought, and higher temperatures increase the strain on fragile states and vulnerable populations by dampening economic activity and burdening public health through loss of agriculture and electricity production, the change in known infectious disease patterns and the rise of new ones, and increases in respiratory and cardiovascular diseases. This could result in increased intra- and inter-state migration, and generate other negative effects on human security. For example, from 2006-2011, a severe multi-year drought affected Syria and contributed to massive agriculture failures and population displacements. Large movements of rural dwellers to city centers coincided with the presence of large numbers of Iraqi refugees in Syrian cities, effectively overwhelming institutional capacity to respond constructively to the changing service demands.
http://archive.defense.gov/pubs/150...ions-of-climate-change.pdf?source=govdelivery

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Apparently you either have a reading or a hearing disability since you fail to understand what was said.

Or you are just very dense.

I dont think "HE" is the one with the problem. YOU on the other hand, have a bad case of selective hearing and delusional interpretation.

Its very clear what Bernie was talking about, and your interpretations (or should I say) the power of "suggestion" by FOX news talking heads is nothing more than business as usual for you.

Do you ever have a thought that YOU generate on your own?

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
I dont think "HE" is the one with the problem. YOU on the other hand, have a bad case of selective hearing and delusional interpretation.

Its very clear what Bernie was talking about, and your interpretations (or should I say) the power of "suggestion" by FOX news talking heads is nothing more than business as usual for you.

Do you ever have a thought that YOU generate on your own?

TOS.

Did I quote or mention Fox News? You are the person who is obsessed with them.