Parking Lot floods

Moneythehardway

Occasionally the hub I work has enough rain to flood the parking lots where employees are parked. Not long ago, a driver's brand new car (which sits low) was flooded out and it was considered totaled and thankful he had insurance to cover it. I'm not sure what became of him pursuing ups about it as I work the twilight shift . It got so bad that a tow company came out and towed peoples cars from the lot for a small fee (well below what they normally charge) because they seen that cars wouldn't have been able to drive out of the lot without water getting under the hood.

My question is what can be done about this from an employee standpoint? If it pours raining to the point it floods our parking lot and floods out our cars what recourse do we have? We have brought this up to management and they say it is not their parking lot, it is the city's parking lot even though it is on UPS's property. We've reached out to the city and they say it's ups's lot...but no one is being held accountable, I'd hate to come out one day to realize my car has water in the engine...So what can be done?!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Occasionally the hub I work has enough rain to flood the parking lots where employees are parked. Not long ago, a driver's brand new car (which sits low) was flooded out and it was considered totaled and thankful he had insurance to cover it. I'm not sure what became of him pursuing ups about it as I work the twilight shift . It got so bad that a tow company came out and towed peoples cars from the lot for a small fee (well below what they normally charge) because they seen that cars wouldn't have been able to drive out of the lot without water getting under the hood.

My question is what can be done about this from an employee standpoint? If it pours raining to the point it floods our parking lot and floods out our cars what recourse do we have? We have brought this up to management and they say it is not their parking lot, it is the city's parking lot even though it is on UPS's property. We've reached out to the city and they say it's ups's lot...but no one is being held accountable, I'd hate to come out one day to realize my car has water in the engine...So what can be done?!
There are signs in the parking lot at my building that state that UPS is not responsible for any damages that may occur to vehicles.

Dr.Brownz

The answers here say it all: UPS is a greedy corporation that doesn't care about it's employees and most of it's employees have internalized UPS's perverse set of values

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Maybe UPS should invest in adequate facilities instead of pissing money away on ORION.

Exactly! Our center is from the early 60's we've out grown it 15 yrs ago. They've taken routes out. During peak there are up to 15 routes loaded outside. Worse of all. The sewer backs up atleast 3 times a yr. When it does. It leaks onto the ladies toilet down stairs.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Exactly! Our center is from the early 60's we've out grown it 15 yrs ago. They've taken routes out. During peak there are up to 15 routes loaded outside. Worse of all. The sewer backs up atleast 3 times a yr. When it does. It leaks onto the ladies toilet down stairs.
Ours used to leak right on top of the OMS desk
Some funny :censored2: right there

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ours used to leak right on top of the OMS desk
Some funny :censored2: right there

Yep, same here, but it was the ORS desk.

Happened twice the year I worked preload/porter. Both times before preload. I laughed and told them I had trucks to load.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

The ladies always get screwed....
Wait, that didn't come out right.

1Low59

Our parking lot is called Lake Madison. A sub pump was intstalled a few years back to pump water out to the street, but it doesn't work all the time. Some of us just carpool diring the rainy season to limit the amount of vehicles in the parking lot. We have had some cars flood in the past. Not a pretty site.

FilingBluesFL

Our lot gets a few good pools going in certain spots, but nothing that bad.

We actually had another parking lot built for us on the opposite side of the building before last peak so we could have enough parking spots!

Well, a month or so ago, they informed us they were closing it, and they were going to store the extra package cars and equipment in it.

I know this isn't a surprise, but they haven't done that yet. SO now all the people that were parking there, are now cramping up the lot again with all the extra equpiment taking up spots, too.

Oh, and the company has rented flood lights sitting in the lot unused that they are still paying rent on... that haven't been turned on since peak....

Found out a week ago, they decided they aren't going to store the extra stuff there after all. So cramped parking all year around now