Part Time Air Driving and Progression

Question about this part of the contract (Article 40 Section 6):
Part-time employees who are awarded a scheduled part time air
driver job shall receive progression credit in accordance with the
following: for each four (4) days on which exception air work was
performed in the two (2) years immediately prior to the bid award,
one (1) month of progression credit shall be granted. In addition, if
a bid part-time air driver is displaced, he/she will retain his/her progression
credit under paragraph (a.) for any air exception work.
Am I correct in assuming that if I work every day as an Exception Air Driver for 40 days and I were to win a Full Time Combo job (preload/AM air) bid, I would get 10 months of progression credit? So I'd only have 14 more months to be at Top Rate? Or does the progression credit go on top of the 40 days I've already worked?

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I already am a part-time inside employee as well as an part-time Exception Air Driver. I work on the preload and then around 8:00-8:30 I deliver Next Day Air. A full-time combo job with AM air is a 'scheduled' part time air driving job is it not? There may be a combo job coming up for bid and it sounds like, if I'm reading everything right, I could benefit from this part of the contract.

PT Car Washer

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I already am a part-time inside employee as well as an part-time Exception Air Driver. I work on the preload and then around 8:00-8:30 I deliver Next Day Air. A full-time combo job with AM air is a 'scheduled' part time air driving job is it not? There may be a combo job coming up for bid and it sounds like, if I'm reading everything right, I could benefit from this part of the contract.
If you win a FT combo with air driving included you would start at the FT seniority rate of $15.50/hr for driving. The only way you would benefit from PT air driving is if you were making more then the starting FT rate.

I'm still confused. Who does that paragraph affect then? Someone who does exception air work before they win a part time air job? But if they do exception air work then aren't they already a part time air driver?

Also, if I win a FT combo bid with air driving included, will I be red circled at my inside rate while driving until I reach Top Rate?

PT Car Washer

I'm still confused. Who does that paragraph affect then? Someone who does exception air work before they win a part time air job? But if they do exception air work then aren't they already a part time air driver?

Also, if I win a FT combo bid with air driving included, will I be red circled at my inside rate while driving until I reach Top Rate?
At my building PT air drivers gain pay increases by how many months they have been qualified, not by how many days in a week they actually drive. You will be paid FT air driver rate for the hours you drive and FT inside rate for the hours you work inside. How ever of you deliver or pick up any ground packages you should receive top ground driver rate for the day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The section of art 40 referenced applies to exception air drivers entering a scheduled PT air job and does not affect FT progression to my knowledge.

Last edited:

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
How ever if you deliver or pick up any ground packages you should receive top ground driver rate for the day.

This you must stay switched on for, they will sneak them in a bulk stop and let you deliver your heart out without a word.

My area it’s the difference between your current pay and top ground driver rate.

PizzaToUps

If you win a FT combo with air driving included you would start at the FT seniority rate of $15.50/hr for driving. The only way you would benefit from PT air driving is if you were making more then the starting FT rate.
If a part time air driver finishes article 40 progression and hits top rate while receiving contractual raises each year, will they get red circled when taking a 22.3 air/inside combo? Or will they jump $2 and reach top rate for full time air driving since they already finished article 40?

my steward is trying to use the part time exception air driving language to give me full time credit since company is trying to start me over at the beginning of the full time wage scale