Part-time break question

DoctorMario

Im a part time loader and there are days where we don't get a break Are part-timers guaranteed a break everyday ? I tried looking in the contract but couldn't find anything on it.Thanks in advance

badpal

Im a part time loader and there are days where we don't get a break Are part-timers guaranteed a break everyday ? I tried looking in the contract but couldn't find anything on it.Thanks in advance
Some other oldtimer might remember, but seems like the break for partimers was implemented in the 1982 contract for the first time. Remember as I was partime then, didn't get it before.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Some other oldtimer might remember, but seems like the break for partimers was implemented in the 1982 contract for the first time. Remember as I was partime then, didn't get it before.

In the Central Region, a paid 10 minute "relief period" started in 1979.

Then in the 1987 or 1990 contract the wording was changed to "break".

The wording changed, because the company was trying to say "relief period"

meant you were only allowed to use the bathroom at this time.

If I remember correctly....

-Bug-

JustDeliverIt

It states on our local rider, Article 69, Section 1, that we are entitled to a 10 minute relief time and that we will not be given it during our first hour of work.

It states on our local rider, Article 69, Section 1, that we are entitled to a 10 minute relief time and that we will not be given it during our first hour of work.
Regardless of how many hours you actually work. Working PT for 8,10, or 12 hours with one 10 minute break is worse than the old south plantation slave days. All for $10/hr. At least the plantation owners were responsible for feeding, clothing and sheltering their slaves.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
"Yo name Toby :cowboy:"
"No sir I'm .. Lamar from reading rainbow."
-That was my favorite show growing up reading rainbow, Lamar is awesome!
Speaking of awesome UPS is awesome and nothing like slavery, that is bad.

DriverNerd

In the Central Supplement, Article 11, Section 6 it says "All part time employees shall be given a break of ten (10) minutes per shift or part-time operation. Breaks shall not be scheduled prior to one (1) hour of work being performed.

JustDeliverIt

Regardless of how many hours you actually work. Working PT for 8,10, or 12 hours with one 10 minute break is worse than the old south plantation slave days. All for $10/hr. At least the plantation owners were responsible for feeding, clothing and sheltering their slaves.

Working over 6.5 hours entitles you to a 45 minute lunch, even if your part time