part-time courier, 30 hrs a week, 17.22 to start?

redsox83

I have a drug test/physical set up and want to hear from any other part-time employees with fedex or past employees (what i should expect in the first few weeks). Should I expect to work beyond or below the stated 30 hours? On average, how long does it take to get a full-time position?
Thanks

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have a drug test/physical set up and want to hear from any other part-time employees with fedex or past employees (what i should expect in the first few weeks). Should I expect to work beyond or below the stated 30 hours? On average, how long does it take to get a full-time position?
Thanks

If you're not aware of it, I will fill you in. FedEx is in the process of downsizing to an almost all PT workforce. Anybody hiring-in right now will probably never get full-time. It all depends on your location as to how many hours you will work. At some locations, part-timers get all the hours they want, but at others they get minimum hours. You are guaranteed a minimum of 17.5 hrs per week, which may change, but the big thing to remember is that even if you are getting hours now, they will be a lot harder to get in the future.

Try to get hired by UPS. You'll be glad you did. FedEx is no longer a quality company, or even a decent employer.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
That's damn good starting pay. I've been FT for 6 yrs. and only make $18.09 an hr.
I grew up just South of Bean Town.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm seriously surprised about that starting pay.
Central Mass is boonieville. $17.22 is pay scale H. Only third down from top pay scale.