Part time driver would be my dream.

bowflex

Just a little info about my UPS career. It is very short. I went to integrad, I came of the street and worked 5 months as a reg temp in Philly. money was nice, work was hard and my hub was full of :censored2:s not just the management but my fellow drivers. They asked me to work inside after peak I declined. Next peak I got hired in Maryland and what a difference. My fellow drivers were cool and management not so bad. I started early and was given one route to run for 7 months. The money was good as usual but the hours were more than the Philly hub. I had no time to enjoy my hobbies. My point is I wish I could drive peak year round and have off peak months to relax and manage my cleaning business. The 2 incomes gave me the money to do what I like but year round it just didn't suit me. I needed time to play tennis, ride my bmx and mountain bike and hit the gym. Props to you guys that serve year around. This year i had to turn down driving in yet another state that would have hired me. I missed it enough to make this post even though I no longer work for UPS. at 45 years old I would have been retied if I drove since I was in my 20's. I see the package cars daily and i have mixed feelings. when its 8pm and i know they are on the way to the hub and I am just getting done the gym or coming home from eating out I am like damn I wouldn't want to be him. But sometime on a rainy or sunny day I miss the grind,late night blasting my music through the Bluetooth speaker rushing to get back to the hub. Just wish they could hire me for peak year round. I never had issues with getting back in time or learning my route. Just didnt want to do it full time.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
OP, the point of your post is? Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Not everyone has the ability to write their own ticket about working only hours that suit them. Sounds like you made the right choices for you. Congrats.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just a little info about my UPS career. It is very short. I went to integrad, I came of the street and worked 5 months as a reg temp in Philly. money was nice, work was hard and my hub was full of :censored2:s not just the management but my fellow drivers. They asked me to work inside after peak I declined. Next peak I got hired in Maryland and what a difference. My fellow drivers were cool and management not so bad. I started early and was given one route to run for 7 months. The money was good as usual but the hours were more than the Philly hub. I had no time to enjoy my hobbies. My point is I wish I could drive peak year round and have off peak months to relax and manage my cleaning business. The 2 incomes gave me the money to do what I like but year round it just didn't suit me. I needed time to play tennis, ride my bmx and mountain bike and hit the gym. Props to you guys that serve year around. This year i had to turn down driving in yet another state that would have hired me. I missed it enough to make this post even though I no longer work for UPS. at 45 years old I would have been retied if I drove since I was in my 20's. I see the package cars daily and i have mixed feelings. when its 8pm and i know they are on the way to the hub and I am just getting done the gym or coming home from eating out I am like damn I wouldn't want to be him. But sometime on a rainy or sunny day I miss the grind,late night blasting my music through the Bluetooth speaker rushing to get back to the hub. Just wish they could hire me for peak year round. I never had issues with getting back in time or learning my route. Just didnt want to do it full time.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1443661124.404069.jpg

bowflex

Give it a break cornballs. I guess like I said sone ups drivers are cool some are butt munchers. Shared a story if you don't like it move on. I'm still making money but still miss the pm talking to my buddies bitching about my load. But yea I guess to people stuck the grind you will have nothing but hate. All I wanted to say is i miss some of it.

bowflex

OP, the point of your post is? Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Not everyone has the ability to write their own ticket about working only hours that suit them. Sounds like you made the right choices for you. Congrats.

Give it a break cornballs. I guess like I said some ups drivers are cool some are butt munchers. Shared a story if you don't like it move on. I'm still making money but still miss the pm talking to my buddies bitching about my load. But yea I guess the people stuck in the grind you will have nothing but hate. All I wanted to say is i miss some of it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
TLDR

This job isn't for everyone

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I mean if I could work 6-8 hours as a driver everyday that would be ideal.

I know the chances of that are zero.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Seconded.
VOgZ6cT.gif

Rainman

Its all good.
When I first started driving, we had a guy who was a pro baseball umpire who ran a Christmas route every peak, so it has been done.

bowflex

Definitely isn't. But once again all I was saying as a part time gig it was good but full time I wouldn't have a life. Can't even get in a game of tennis after work.