part time driver

Tommyboy

I have been part time in the warehouse loading/pick off for two and a half years. I'm also new to this forum. This past peak season I was a "seasonal driver" so they had me switched to the driver pay rate which means I was being paid by the center instead of my regular sup putting my hours in. Long story short I had some paycheck problems because I was in the midst of being transferred to the new pay rate. Then when I started driving my pay was fine. Now I'm back in the hub three to four weeks now and more problems arise.

I assume I am still being paid as a driver because my paycheck isn't showing my overtime I got the last two Mondays in the hub. I get OT after 5 hours in the hub, over 8 hours if in driving.

Whose job is it to make sure my paycheck is absolutely correct in amidst this transfer? HR or my hub supervisor? Or somebody else?

I'm afraid of applying for cover driving when the time comes; afraid my paycheck is going to be messed up again.

I should clarify when I say "messed up", they're under paying me, which I could use the money I'm missing.

My sup said my money won't be in until next paycheck or the following paycheck which is ridiculous. I'm filing a dispute tomorrow but I'm curious whose job it is to make sure this doesn't happen again.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have been part time in the warehouse loading/pick off for two and a half years. I'm also new to this forum. This past peak season I was a "seasonal driver" so they had me switched to the driver pay rate which means I was being paid by the center instead of my regular sup putting my hours in. Long story short I had some paycheck problems because I was in the midst of being transferred to the new pay rate. Then when I started driving my pay was fine. Now I'm back in the hub three to four weeks now and more problems arise.

I assume I am still being paid as a driver because my paycheck isn't showing my overtime I got the last two Mondays in the hub. I get OT after 5 hours in the hub, over 8 hours if in driving.

Whose job is it to make sure my paycheck is absolutely correct in amidst this transfer? HR or my hub supervisor? Or somebody else?

I'm afraid of applying for cover driving when the time comes; afraid my paycheck is going to be messed up again.

I should clarify when I say "messed up", they're under paying me, which I could use the money I'm missing.

My sup said my money won't be in until next paycheck or the following paycheck which is ridiculous. I'm filing a dispute tomorrow but I'm curious whose job it is to make sure this doesn't happen again.

This is just laziness on managements part. If they wanted to get your pay right they could do it with one phone call.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
You have the right to be paid in full when you're supposed to be paid. They will put you off for as long as you allow it. "don't worry, it'll be on next week's check." yeahrightsure. You need to be more assertive. Have everything documented. You did keep track of your hours, right? Be a squeaky wheel.

Tommyboy

I always keep track of my hours, that wasn't the problem. They missed out on my overtime because they still have me as a driver, not getting OT until after 8. So my hours are fine, I need my OT pay.

I also get direct deposit, does that matter? Can I have that money in my account before the next paycheck or is it a physical check that'll take 3-5 days to clear?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Shortages involving more than $40 for full time and $20 for part time will be corrected and the payment will be made available to employe at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday. If this does not happen employee will be paid an additional amount of one half of his /her daily guarantee at his/her hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid , until corrected.

Tommyboy

Shortages involving more than $40 for full time and $20 for part time will be corrected and the payment will be made available to employe at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday. If this does not happen employee will be paid an additional amount of one half of his /her daily guarantee at his/her hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid , until corrected.

What if it is under $20, which mine is and you might think why am I squabbling about it anyway? What happens then? still shouldn't happen.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
The company shorted me a day's pay once on funeral leave when my father died. I showed them in the contract about the guarantee for paid time off. They told me they weren't going to pay me. I told them if I didn't have a green check that day when I punched out, I was going to walk upstairs (while on the clock) to the division manager's office and see if he'd give me a personal check, after I explained the center team denied paying me according to the contract in black and white. When I got in that afternoon, I pulled up to a bulletin board where we could pull customer requests (holds, RTS, etc) before we gave our stuff to a clerk. I leaned over to get the requests, and when I sat back down, I had green check sitting on my seat. They don't want to do it, because the administrative costs are high for a green check, but it can be done. lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Things have changed since my day. If it's under a certain $ amount, they can defer it to next week according to the contract. I don't have a current contract. A steward can help you on that. The company will use your money as long as you let them. Good luck to you.

PT Car Washer

Always some :censored2: who has to disagree because they're incompetent. That's $12 less outta my money that I could have saved on gas. Idiot
The shortage should be on next weeks check and it is your FT manager or FT sups responsibility to make sure you are paid correctly. Sometimes when you switch jobs it may take a week or two to get you paid right. No excuse for it but it does happen.

By The Book

What if it is under $20, which mine is and you might think why am I squabbling about it anyway? What happens then? still shouldn't happen.
You say they are paying you as a driver., and you are not getting overtime after 5 hours. Are they paying you driver rate? How many different pay rates did you receive during this peak

PT Car Washer

After rereading the post I believe he may still be classified as seasonal driver working the hub temporary the last two Mondays. Then yes you would not have OT after 5 hours. You cannot be classified as PT one day and seasonal driver the next day. Season is over now anyway.