Part time employee of 19 years funeral leave

Davester

I’ve seen it asked and seen different answers and mostly vague answers.i’m Part time and on my 19th year at ups.my mother just passed away so I need to know how many day I get for bereavement. Thank you

Nah
You can get up to 4 days paid if you have to travel.

Screenshot_20200831-055241.png

Ghost in the Darkness

Sorry for your loss. Its 2 days after death and 2 days after the funeral. The 2 days after funeral are not dependant on travel but dependant on if you attended the funeral.

Ghost in the Darkness

The contract language in an above post was only part of what it says. The language says if attending funeral or bereavement rite then its 2 days. Two days after death is mentioned seperately. For the close "as mentioned in language" family members.

Ghost in the Darkness

You don't have to prove anything... if they want to make you prove it then prove it (let them know where services are or let have them call funeral home).... they should feel awful doing that though and I would embarrass them too if they did while you are grieving and all.

If people are lying there are ways to find out down the road and its a definitely something you can be fired for.

Mr. Marshall

You will get two days paid but they will let you take a little more time off unpaid if you need to take care of things. I can't imagine 4 or 8 hours of PT pay for a day or two is going to make a big difference to you but the time off may. My mother-in-law recently died and it's never-ending how much stuff there is to do.

Davester

You will get two days paid but they will let you take a little more time off unpaid if you need to take care of things. I can't imagine 4 or 8 hours of PT pay for a day or two is going to make a big difference to you but the time off may. My mother-in-law recently died and it's never-ending how much stuff there is to do.
That’s actually what I was thinking we get.i thought they were ok with taking extra days off but wasn’t exactly sure on how many are paid. Thank you

Ghost in the Darkness

Thats what they would like you to think, they want to pay you for as little as possible ... its your call.

I'm just telling what the contract says and what you are entitled to. Its 2 days after death and 2 after funeral or bereavement rite (if attended). Again, sorry for your loss.

oldngray

nowhere special
You don't have to prove anything... if they want to make you prove it then prove it (let them know where services are or let have them call funeral home).... they should feel awful doing that though and I would embarrass them too if they did while you are grieving and all.

If people are lying there are ways to find out down the road and its a definitely something you can be fired for.
Here its 2 days plus an extra travel day if needed. They usually just pay the 3 days but there have been times they were real POS about it and only paid 2.

Ghost in the Darkness

People aren't assertive and willing to fight back when mourning and sups and managers know that and take advantage.. I'm just saying the contract was negotiated and agreed upon... it says what it says.