Part time feeder shifter...

Nike

Hello yall!

Recently my hub posted a bid list for a part time feeder shifter position, only one person has signed so far so I figured what the heck I could use the extra hours and money
However I have a few questions...

Whats the pay? I've gotten different answers on this so far, everything from just 25 cents more than I'm making now to 31$ an hour (highly unlikely I imagine).

Can this be combined to my current position as twilight sorter to come close to full time hours?

I appreciate any and all answers as most of my coworkers are relatively new and naive of most UPS policies and Union rules. Also I work in Texas presumably under the Southern supplement but I couldn't find any real answers under that particular piece of union text.

Mr Shifter

Hello. I used to be a part time shifter for years.

You make 25 cents an hr more than an unskilled job. Example an unloader. . If you are in a skilled position Pre loader, sorter, pickoff or are qualified and have had the dollar raise based on being qualified. You could possibly lose 75 cents.

You will be worked approximately 5 hrs and paid overtime after your 5th hour. In peak you make get almost as many hours as you can handle. One peak I shifted for approximately 70 hrs.

Easiest job at UPS.

Mr Shifter

You will not be allowed to do anything other than shift. No more hub work. Plus the HUB doesn't function without shifters so if the hub is running you should be working ;)

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My son worked in the hub for several years and got some raises along the way. He signed on the shifter bid sheet. He ended up taking a small cut in pay, but...He got more hours. Changed sorts and worked afternoons, which worked better for his schedule. He learned to back a trailer. He learned how to drive a tractor. There can be benefits to changing to that job.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
TAKE IT! I did it for 8 years, and it was the easiest job I've ever done. It will take you about a month or two to get use to the equipment but after that you don't even think about it anymore. Get out of the building as fast as you can.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hello yall!

Recently my hub posted a bid list for a part time feeder shifter position, only one person has signed so far so I figured what the heck I could use the extra hours and money
However I have a few questions...

Whats the pay? I've gotten different answers on this so far, everything from just 25 cents more than I'm making now to 31$ an hour (highly unlikely I imagine).

Can this be combined to my current position as twilight sorter to come close to full time hours?

I appreciate any and all answers as most of my coworkers are relatively new and naive of most UPS policies and Union rules. Also I work in Texas presumably under the Southern supplement but I couldn't find any real answers under that particular piece of union text.
I shifted for FedEx Ground. They called them "Switchers" there. It was probably the best gig I've ever had. I worked 5-7 hours on noonday then smalls and sometimes local sort on twilight ( and I worked midnight shift whenever possible) at UPS. Your hub will keep you busy as a shifter but I doubt they'll let you double shift often. They are careful not to have to create another 22.3.

Sent using BrownCafe App