Part-Time Feeder wondering about transfer to another HUB

Deus

Hey all, I'm a part time feeder employee in the talks about possibly moving. It's a discussion we've been having but it's still in the air, my question is would I be able to transfer to another hub and keep my current position at the other hub? Or if not what would happen? I've been seeing stuff like you keep seniority date but lose hub seniority, if I transfer (been an employee for 3 years) would I be behind employees with only a year for going full time?

1000RR

I've never heard of part time feeder work? Are you a feeder driver or do you mean a shifter? A shifter is someone that moves trailers around the yard. If you are part time and do an educational transfer you will lose seniority and new location and your previous location your spot will not be saved for you. You will behind all employees currently at new location. However, some locals across the country have it where it is possible to sign a bid and transfer within the local. Just depends where you are at.

Deus

I work out in the yard for the feeder department. Mostly cleaning trailers for the hub to use. So educational would cover a permanent change of residence? And even though I have 3 years I would be reset on becoming full time?

1000RR

If you do an educational transfer it can be permanent and you will restart seniority in new center/hub. Everyone at the new place will have more seniority than you and will be ahead of you.

1000RR

You should have started at the bottom of the list. Did you transfer out of your local? Only thing I can think of is maybe your local has language where you dovetail if you transfer within your local jurisdiction. Not even the case here.