Part Time & Full Time seniority question

Hello all ,
I am a part time inside hub sorter with 23 years of brown time. In the bidding process all full timers, 22.3 , package , etc. with less company time have the first option on any new full time job openings. I know this was not always the case and my local just keeps telling me there was an agreement , but no specifics are ever offered. South Central Region. Seems to me company time is all that matters... 23 Years and out bid by a 14 year full timer...Come on

jalnar

How are you able to bid when no openings are available? If they are not following the 6 1 1 formula you have a good grivence.If they are just bidding a existing route that became vacant no you cant bid on it. You are trying to come out of your job classification to bid on a route that you have no right for.

Kis124

How are you able to bid when no openings are available? If they are not following the 6 1 1 formula you have a good grivence.If they are just bidding a existing route that became vacant no you cant bid on it. You are trying to come out of your job classification to bid on a route that you have no right for.

It didn't say anything about a route bid. I guess we should find out what he/she is bidding on.

Just to add more info to my job bid question . Full time shifting job becomes open and bid posted ,22.3 , Full time Package, etc with less company time but are already Full time will be awarded the job over a Part time employee with Ten years more company time. I know , I had the option to take a full time job years ago but in my case at the time I had another job and would have lost money going full time. I just believe that anyone's seniority should prevail , full time, part time ,what difference does that make .

FAVREFAN

Hello all ,
I am a part time inside hub sorter with 23 years of brown time. In the bidding process all full timers, 22.3 , package , etc. with less company time have the first option on any new full time job openings. I know this was not always the case and my local just keeps telling me there was an agreement , but no specifics are ever offered. South Central Region. Seems to me company time is all that matters... 23 Years and out bid by a 14 year full timer...Come on
It's true. It's sucks. I was bumped from my job by a 22.3 who just went full-time(10 years P.T.) when I had 17 years Part-time. It's in the contract. I eventually got my position back when volume increased but full time has seniority over part-time no matter how many years the part-timer has. This should be changed in the next contract but I don't expect that it will. 22.3's bid on all open jobs in my hub before part-timers too. Best of luck man. Be careful with your pension too. You're getting close to locking in your 25 yr p.t. pension. I've heard so many different stories on how that works once you go full-time. Try to get details before you make the jump to full-time.

FAVREFAN

Just to add more info to my job bid question . Full time shifting job becomes open and bid posted ,22.3 , Full time Package, etc with less company time but are already Full time will be awarded the job over a Part time employee with Ten years more company time. I know , I had the option to take a full time job years ago but in my case at the time I had another job and would have lost money going full time. I just believe that anyone's seniority should prevail , full time, part time ,what difference does that make .
I am/was in the same boat as you. Didn't make sense before, but now it does. Good luck man. Hope it works out eventually.

Thanks for the reply , Any idea what article in the contract this is addressed? I know that this changed when the 22.3 jobs were created. Also wondering why it makes sense to you now? I could go on and on about this PT & FT contract language, and the lack of / gray area regarding the combo jobs. Anyway , I'll just go with Part Time For Life. #4 RULES

FAVREFAN

Thanks for the reply , Any idea what article in the contract this is addressed? I know that this changed when the 22.3 jobs were created. Also wondering why it makes sense to you now? I could go on and on about this PT & FT contract language, and the lack of / gray area regarding the combo jobs. Anyway , I'll just go with Part Time For Life. #4 RULES
It makes sense now because things have changed at my day job. Not making as much as I used to. I'd still be making less to work just a 22.3 job but not nearly as much as it would have been for me before. I can never get a straight answer about the pensions. Good luck man, not sure what I'm doing yet. Peace.