Part Time Healthcare vs. Full Time Healthcare

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
In my area, the pt'ers used to be under the same plan as mgmt. The last contact that was changed and they came into the FT plan. Coverage between the two was pretty similar and the premiums cost the same. Zero.

I think my state gives us some form of health insurance benefit, because PT/FT have the same great coverage.. medical, dental, vision, hearing, mental health and substance abuse are all free, generic medicine 0 copay, formulary for name brand, no cap, but I've gotta wait 6 months longer than everyone else before the wife can get on it (but she can remain on sliding scale state BCBS in the meantime).

A good guy

Not sure if its a regional thing but our PTers have the same insurance as FTers. There was talk about drivers paying for added beneficiaries last contract signings but that never came to light.

DriverNerd

Depends on the region. I'm in Minnesota - which is in the central. I'm full time in a BCBS Teamster plan; my ex wife is part time in Teamcare. My insurance is much better. Our kids are double covered, but we use mine as the primary because hers doesn't compete. Even she agrees. That being said, her insurance isn't really that bad; everywhere we bring the kids and use my insurance the medical providers always say "your insurance is amazing" when receiving pre-authorizations. Her dental plan is much worse as well.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Part timers pay the same amount of union dues as full timers. $88/month.

Not in my local. We all pay 2.5 hours of union dues per month. I think under $14 and it's 2 hours per month in dues.

$88 would have been almost a full weeks pay when I started part-time.