Part-time Package Handler process

kerirae

Okay! Hello, my name is Keri and I just had a few questions.

Okay, I had applied to work at UPS as a Air Package Handler. I went to the interview, they fingerprinted me and I also took my drug test as well. I was just curious as to how long does it take to hear something back??
I've already filled out all my paper work and I authorized them to go ahead and do a background check.

Am I pretty much on the track to get hired??

It's been about a week and 3 days since the interview. I just need to know if I should just move on and look for a new job or do you think they'll call me back?

Thank you so much for any info! Thanks :)

(also, I sincerely hope I put this in the right thread!)

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I've been here 5 years, never been drug tested.

If your getting a drug test, then your getting hired.

Otherwise, its kindve hard to see where this is all going.

But good luck to you, it could be a hard job for you.

kerirae

I've been here 5 years, never been drug tested.

If your getting a drug test, then your getting hired.

Otherwise, its kindve hard to see where this is all going.

But good luck to you, it could be a hard job for you.

They said since it's on airport property the drug test/fingerprinting was required. I was just wondering how long it's going to take. It's only a 4 hour graveyard shift Mon-Fri since I'll be attending school. I've had a few warehouse/package handling jobs, so hopefully it's not harder than that. (not really expecting it to tbh.)

cynic

I work on airport property and never been drug tested, somethat that still amazes me.

I don't think they drug test their (non-TSA) security guards at the gates either... :surprised:

kerirae

I work on airport property and never been drug tested, somethat that still amazes me.

I don't think they drug test their (non-TSA) security guards at the gates either... :surprised:

Maybe it's new?? I'm not sure! I'm just trying to figure out if they're even gonna call me back! haha.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
They said since it's on airport property the drug test/fingerprinting was required. I was just wondering how long it's going to take. It's only a 4 hour graveyard shift Mon-Fri since I'll be attending school. I've had a few warehouse/package handling jobs, so hopefully it's not harder than that. (not really expecting it to tbh.)

As this job requires, you have a million things that cant happen to you. You can have the easy brainless work possible, or you could have the hardest job in UPS. Its a toss up. They will, often place you, where the hell they need you. And often, its the hardest job they have.

4 hours might now seem nice. But type of work and what you do during it, might seem more like a nightmare.

As I said, good luck to you. Take what you can get and hopefully it folds into a easy job here.