Part time Package Handler to full time driver

It won't take that long if you get in. Progression is only 4 years, whether you're a 22.4 or RPCD. If hired, you'll be a 22.4. Top rate is only $5 less than a RCPD, but at like 35/hr, who's crying? The 15 years mentioned earlier is most likely that last 5 bucks if you were to move up to a RPCD. But the good thing about UPS is it operates under contract. I did 17 years with FedEx & never hit top rate, 4 years ain't sheet to me lol, especially when I surpassed my former salary after just 2 years here.
Ah that’s interesting but also confusing when it comes to 22.4 and RCPS 😂 So basically I wouldn’t be able to become a FT driver but a combo driver? Then bid for that FT driver spot and hope I get it. At this point I should just focus on getting in first and worry about the rest after that haha

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It won't take that long if you get in. Progression is only 4 years, whether you're a 22.4 or RPCD. If hired, you'll be a 22.4. Top rate is only $5 less than a RCPD, but at like 35/hr, who's crying? The 15 years mentioned earlier is most likely that last 5 bucks if you were to move up to a RPCD. But the good thing about UPS is it operates under contract. I did 17 years with FedEx & never hit top rate, 4 years ain't sheet to me lol, especially when I surpassed my former salary after just 2 years here.
It’s all gonna depend on where hiring goes. They’ve been hiring guys like crazy. Especially 22.4. There’s gonna be some guys stuck in the next few years that will be looking at 5-8 years to get to 22.4 then another 8-10 to get to RPCD.

The only way here you can get an RPCD job is to be a
It’s all gonna depend on where hiring goes. They’ve been hiring guys like crazy. Especially 22.4. There’s gonna be some guys stuck in the next few years that will be looking at 5-8 years to get to 22.4 then another 8-10 to get to RPCD.
Yeah that’s definitely a long time lol just praying it’s not long in the Philadelphia hubs

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
It's about $6 an hour difference. Or about $15,000 or so less a year...
That's at least 4 years down the road though. I'm good now & I'm not even at top rate yet. I don't see someone coming from PT whatever or such, turning their nose up at $85k vs $100. The spread could be even smaller with the no OT protections in place.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Yeah that’s definitely a long time lol just praying it’s not long in the Philadelphia hubs
I started driving "of the street" a couple years ago. They've hired plenty of drivers these past few years, this year as well. Make your choice in location, get the ball rolling. But yeah, is a long process, ups and downs but worth it in the end.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I literally just pulled up on a ups driver and was like hey how are you doing! Just wondering how long does it take to become a Full time ups driver? He said not that long, couple months maybe, idk if he was bsing me or what haha

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I literally just pulled up on a ups driver and was like hey how are you doing! Just wondering how long does it take to become a Full time ups driver? He said not that long, couple months maybe, idk if he was bsing me or what haha
It all depends on the needs of the operation. I was hired off the street as a FT driver, first seasonally and then permanently. Less than 6 months, but again, timing is everything with this place.

It all depends on the needs of the operation. I was hired off the street as a FT driver, first seasonally and then permanently. Less than 6 months, but again, timing is everything with this place.
Yeah I need to get in there ASAP! He said he’s from the Oregon hub as well. I don’t see any listings for package driver but I’m assuming there might be some soon or tomorrow since it’s “Brown Friday”. Never got a call back in regards to more spots opening up for package handler twilight shift too. If I can get in soon, then I won’t be able to finish the landscaping season off which sucks bc they’ll be short a guy.