Part time pay increase in the 2018 contract?

Orlando

ive been a part time package handler in small sort at the cache facility for almost two years. My starting pay rate when I was hired 2/08/16 was $10.10/hr. When I hit my year I only got a 40 cent raise, will I only get another 40 cents when I hit my two years? Also with rumors of part time pay going up to $15/hr in the 2018 contract will that include the raises I've earned so far? Thank you in advance

PT Car Washer

ive been a part time package handler in small sort at the cache facility for almost two years. My starting pay rate when I was hired 2/08/16 was $10.10/hr. When I hit my year I only got a 40 cent raise, will I only get another 40 cents when I hit my two years? Also with rumors of part time pay going up to $15/hr in the 2018 contract will that include the raises I've earned so far? Thank you in advance
PT employees should earn the same hourly rate as the Art 22.3 employees they work next to.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
The part-time pay rates ("raises") are in Article 22 of the union contract. Go here:UPS Agreements, 2013 – 2018 to get the National Master Contract or just the 'highlights'. (Technically, since you're in Local 705, it's a separate contract; but the Article 22 part-time pay rate language is the same)

Or, look at Local 705's website:Contracts Updates, or get an actual contract book from a shop steward, union business agent/representative, or call or visit the union office in downtown Chicago.

Box Ox

$15/hr in the 2018 contract will that include the raises I've earned so far?

$15.00/hr with 25 cent annual raises and a one time $500 bonus for every part timer if they help pass the massive turd UPS thinks it can get away with in a PVD/70 hour work week world.

35years

Gravy route
Long term part time employees should get a good bump in wages.

New hires generally last months, not years. Why should long term employees take contract concessions for essentially temporary employees who have nothing invested in their career here?

If UPS needs to bump up the starting wage to attract enough workers, let them. But it should cost nearly nothing in concessions.

A temporary PVD classification should cost UPS a concession of controlling peak hours. They will say they need seasonal PVD because we can not handle peak volume, and need it to control excessive overtime during peak. Fine...Then make all overtime in excess of 10 hours a day strictly voluntary year round.

If PVD is the solution for peak serge, then it is also the solution for peak serge excessive overtime!

Also PVD should cost...No forced 6th punches or forced holidays nationally.

They want PVD, then there should be a cost. We gave them SurePost free and look how large it has become.

Last edited:

Rack em

Made the Podium
Long term part time employees should get a good bump in wages.

New hires generally last months, not years. Why should long term employees take contract concessions for essentially temporary employees who have nothing invested in their career here?

If UPS needs to bump up the starting wage to attract enough workers, let them. But it should cost nearly nothing in concessions.

A temporary PVD classification should cost UPS a concession of controlling peak hours. They will say they need seasonal PVD because we can not handle peak volume, and need it to control excessive overtime during peak. Fine...Then make all overtime in excess of 10 hours a day strictly voluntary year round. If PVD is the solution for peak serge, then it is also the solution for peak serge excessive overtime! Also PVD should cost...No forced 6th punches or forced holidays nationally.

They want PVD, then there should be a cost.
NO PVD CLASSIFICATION! We can't let them get their foot in the door with any PVD language or else it will slowly build over time. NO PVDs!

TheFigurehead

If the pt'ers don't vote. I don't feel sorry for them.

Wrong, PTers sell themselves out by not voting.

You aren't wrong... but you need to look at why. In my hub, 80% of the pt'ers have under a years seniority. On top of that, the union (at least our local) makes absolutely no effort to engage new and/or part time employees. They've never met their stewards, never gotten a contract book, and, honestly, most don't even know what local they belong to. How can we blame them for not engaging in a vote when they have no idea what is going on... much less what is at stake? Add to that that most of them have no plans to stick around because the culture, environment, and the job sucks... I completely understand it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You aren't wrong... but you need to look at why. In my hub, 80% of the pt'ers have under a years seniority. On top of that, the union (at least our local) makes absolutely no effort to engage new and/or part time employees. They've never met their stewards, never gotten a contract book, and, honestly, most don't even know what local they belong to. How can we blame them for not engaging in a vote when they have no idea what is going on... much less what is at stake? Add to that that most of them have no plans to stick around because the culture, environment, and the job sucks... I completely understand it.
5DD13F27-0B91-4C74-823A-575BCC13D6F8.gif

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
NO PVD CLASSIFICATION! We can't let them get their foot in the door with any PVD language or else it will slowly build over time. NO PVDs!

I feel the PVD issue is a bait and switch game. They will wave the flag on this to get the unions attention over there. While they sneak something else in. Then drop the PVD issue

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Preach!!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Can't blame the Union. They don't get involved or quit. The union says thank you suckers! Pt ER's could own every contract if they paid attention. They out number Ft ER's 4 to 1 if not more.