Part-time pay

Talked to HR and they said as of Next week the Part-timers will be making 13 hour...

Has anyone ever heard of the company going through with the new pay scales before a vote?

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

Talked to HR and they said as of Next week the Part-timers will be making 13 hour...

Has anyone ever heard of the company going through with the new pay scales before a vote?
Meaning pay will go up across the board... how much are part timers at currently?? Just wanna count how much I should be expecting.

Days

The progression changes weren't included in the original contract of 2013-2018 either. I had to google to find them. Hopefully it's the same with this contract. I can't imagine that the union would let seniority part timers lose their progression

Narlis

My hub went from 10 dollars to 14 dollars an hour feb 1st, everyone in the hub got pushed up to 14... they just wont get raises until the total raises would make them pass 14 dollar mark

KoennenTiger

Mine went up to $15 but the difference between where they actually are at and the $15 an hour is paid in a bonus.

We're still not sure what will happen with a $13 an hour contract now that all these employees are used to $15. Probably will be negotiated at the local level to be $15.

Narlis

the contract wage is just a min, they are allowd to hire on at higher wages, also the raises arnt +cents, they are dollar wages...

for example... if your hired at 11 dollars last year, your first year seniority +1 would only put you to 10.50 so you would get no raise.. because your alrdy past 10.50

this has been happening in my hub for a while, now all new hires make 14, and wouldnt see raises for 6 years under the previous contract... with the new contract they will get raises after 2 years mostlikly

Days

My hub went from 10 dollars to 14 dollars an hour feb 1st, everyone in the hub got pushed up to 14... they just wont get raises until the total raises would make them pass 14 dollar mark

You can see how someone who has been with the company for 5 years and earned that 14$ would be a bit salty that everyone makes it now.

Narlis

You can see how someone who has been with the company for 5 years and earned that 14$ would be a bit salty that everyone makes it now.

it is annoying, ill have 5 years in a few months... i make the same as a new hire right now.... i have 5 years of a pension and they dont atleast.... lol thats the bright side...

browntroll

its funny some new hires try getting under my skin cause they're making higher wages and i had to
wait all those years to get raises. i just laugh at them and tell them to hurry up and unload so i can
scan these packages, they dont like that very much.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
20 Yrs Pt. 25.53 per hr.,5 weeks vacation,7 option days,3 sick,$0 dollars for 90 day prescriptions, dental, vision, family medical ,$1,155.00 pension @ 65 if I leave today. Not to bad for a part time gig. You would be hard pressed to find another part time job that gives you all of the above.