Part time pension buyout - ON TOPIC

Neutz55

Background: I just recently left ups after 5 years part time while in college. I received a job offer over an hour away. It's been about 2 months since I left the company and I still have not been contacted about a pension buyout offer. Is there something I can do to get the ball rolling or do I just sit back and wait to get contacted?
Thanks for the help.

Neutz55

Yeah I'm starting to realize that I'm probably not going to get a good answer or resource out of this thread. However if by some miracle there is someone out there who reads this and can help please do reply, it will be greatly appreciated. If not please stay out of the thread to save space for those who can help.

Big Lug

According to the pension plan documents, if the Accrued Benefit is $5,000 or less then they will automatically distribute a lump sum. If they mean $5,000 or less payable for the year in total then the OP should receive a distribution. With 5 vested years @ 60 /month per year, he's only at $3,600. That being said, I'm not sure if that's how they determine that. Contacting the pension plan board would be your best option to find out.

oldngray

nowhere special
I never heard of any local with a pension buyout. If he is partially vested he probably won't see any money until he is 65.

Background: I just recently left ups after 5 years part time while in college. I received a job offer over an hour away. It's been about 2 months since I left the company and I still have not been contacted about a pension buyout offer. Is there something I can do to get the ball rolling or do I just sit back and wait to get contacted?
Thanks for the help.
After the pension reform law came to law, it forced locals to make changes to their pensions.. One of them was no payouts. I don't know what local you were in. I would call your old HR and your old local union hall. Good luck.

saintrick

If you are in the PT company plan try retirement dept at UPS

If the present value of your accrued benefit is $5000 or less you have the option of a cash distribution or rollover.

If you take the cash distribution it is subject to 20% federal tax and a 10% early-withdrawal penalty.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I only have a digital copy of the SPD from 2007, but here goes:

upload_2016-6-13_15-26-25.png

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Yeah I'm starting to realize that I'm probably not going to get a good answer or resource out of this thread. However if by some miracle there is someone out there who reads this and can help please do reply, it will be greatly appreciated. If not please stay out of the thread to save space for those who can help.
If you ever need something answered try asking it here. What can brown do for you? • /r/UPS No b/s just straight up answered questions, I usually ask the people there instead of being blasted in the ass here.