Part time pension info(indiana)

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
At what age am I eligible for my part time pension if I have retired as full time RPCD? I'm in 710.
I don't actually know the answer to that question, so I'm sorry. :/

The contract doesn't actually spell out (that I can see, anyway) when a partial pension can be accessed.
I know the union has designated "standard" retirement age to be 65, but I'm not sure if that's the age the company would say.

upsgrunt

I don't actually know the answer to that question, so I'm sorry. :/

The contract doesn't actually spell out (that I can see, anyway) when a partial pension can be accessed.
I know the union has designated "standard" retirement age to be 65, but I'm not sure if that's the age the company would say.

It's all good- thanks for the honesty. If you retire, and separate from the company, it should be immediate, but I'm sure it's like everything else I've encountered so far. Nobody knows anything, you have to fight just to get what is owed to you, and the Union acts like you're the first person in the world to retire. If you come across an answer, please let me know.

Side question: does the 2 year hold on discounted stock purchased cease when you retire and separate from UPS?

upser2020

I've seen a few just takes a lot more seniority than I have lol(last two I saw were car wash/hazmat auditor and small sort/load or unload)

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
At what age am I eligible for my part time pension if I have retired as full time RPCD? I'm in 710.

Just count on your full time years, generally part time years account for nothing, unless you are under the Western Conferences. :notalone:

Here is the formula for anybody with vested time under "The UPS Pension Plan" for part timers:

:fantasysmiley:

Let us say you have 5 years in as a part timer and then get promoted to full time. Those years are registered as 5/30 of what a the benefit that is promised at the time that you leave that pension plan. I believe that for a 30 year service pension around 1650 currently. Doing the quick math that will be roughly 425 a month, but the catch is for every year prior to age 65 the Company will subtract a 6 % penalty....So your total for those part time years will be around 200 dollars...:thumbdown:thumbdown

That is now added on to your full time years which is under a separate pension plan and then you would get your final retirement benefit when you decide to sign the papers..:dontgosmiley:

:bigsmile2:

P.S. this is all subject to future negotiations so you better vote for the people who will have your back on pension improvements.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
And I've actually never worked preload
CE2D81F3-15FE-4F51-B951-C2C4DD8BFB80.gif

upsgrunt

Just count on your full time years, generally part time years account for nothing, unless you are under the Western Conferences. :notalone:

Here is the formula for anybody with vested time under "The UPS Pension Plan" for part timers:

:fantasysmiley:

Let us say you have 5 years in as a part timer and then get promoted to full time. Those years are registered as 5/30 of what a the benefit that is promised at the time that you leave that pension plan. I believe that for a 30 year service pension around 1650 currently. Doing the quick math that will be roughly 425 a month, but the catch is for every year prior to age 65 the Company will subtract a 6 % penalty....So your total for those part time years will be around 200 dollars...:thumbdown:thumbdown

That is now added on to your full time years which is under a separate pension plan and then you would get your final retirement benefit when you decide to sign the papers..:dontgosmiley:

:bigsmile2:

P.S. this is all subject to future negotiations so you better vote for the people who will have your back on pension improvements.

I know it's not much, but I want everything owed to me after my 35 year sentence. I'm not entitled- I've earned everything.

upser2020

And I don't work preload because my main shift is twilight and I would either have to work a triple(which was prohibited until just a month or so ago) or leave and come back.