Part time pension

Floyd Lacroix

I have just over 25 years part time and was looking to retire next year I sent in a request for benifit form, they sent back that I have no benifit till age 50. The contract states at any age with 25 years service what is wrong here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have just over 25 years part time and was looking to retire next year I sent in a request for benifit form, they sent back that I have no benifit till age 50. The contract states at any age with 25 years service what is wrong here.
If you were in Local 177, you would not collect until age 65. Part time has a separate Pention.

How far are you from 50? Why not hang in there until then to collect those benifit's, as you put it?

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Make sure you're reading the pt'ers section of your contract, usually it's in a supplement or rider towards the back of the book.

Go over this with your BA. He will know more about it. That's part of what your dues pay for is advice and guidance on contractual issues.

Good luck and hang in there for every cent you earned.

barnyard

KTM rider
Try calling your local. There is a H&W phone number on the back of your union membership card. Bet they will be able to either answer your questions or connect you with someone that can.

Last edited: