Part time poverty

unloady

How do you expect to hire quality employees at 10 bucks an hour to unload trucks at 3 in the morning for 3 hours a day? Ups scratches its head in confusion when they see the turnover rate and the demographic of workers they attract. Give us a raise, give us hours, or let us double shift regularly. Something has to change.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
How do you expect to hire quality employees at 10 bucks an hour to unload trucks at 3 in the morning for 3 hours a day? Ups scratches its head in confusion when they see the turnover rate and the demographic of workers they attract. Give us a raise, give us hours, or let us double shift regularly. Something has to change.
Because the end result is a full time job that pays 37 an hour. Part time is a stepping stone.

unloady

Because the end result is a full time job that pays 37 an hour. Part time is a stepping stone.

Yea, 7 years down the road. They give us :censored2: leaving 30 minutes early working a second job. How are you supposed to support a family on $200 bucks a week. If that.

unloady

Dont forget about 4 year progreasion either.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yea, 7 years down the road. They give us :censored2: leaving 30 minutes early working a second job. How are you supposed to support a family on $200 bucks a week. If that.
Two jobs. I did it for 9 years and 10 months before I was offered a full time driving job. I did construction full time then raced to ups for my twilight shift.

unloady

Two jobs. I did it for 9 years and 10 months before I was offered a full time driving job. I did construction full time then raced to ups for my twilight shift.

It sucks. Been working a full time job on top of preload for 3 years. Depressing to think i still have 4 more years of this bs.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
It sucks. Been working a full time job on top of preload for 3 years. Depressing to think i still have 4 more years of this bs.
You could always move to a growing city where they are hiring off the street. Or deal with what's going on locally. My center is hiring off the street. Our staffing is terrible. The only problem is that there are a lot of high paying jobs where I live. The northwest is booming. I just heard an ad on the radio that the construction union is hiring. No experience needed. Starting at 32 an hour with full benefits.

Box Ox

Give us a raise, give us hours

What hourly rate and how many hours per day would you like?

And just think: By the time you go full time under a future contract, the FT driver pay and benefits package might not be as attractive. Sure you wanna keep torturing yourself with your part time poverty side gig?

unloady

You could always move to a growing city where they are hiring off the street. Or deal with what's going on locally. My center is hiring off the street. Our staffing is terrible. The only problem is that there are a lot of high paying jobs where I live. The northwest is booming. I just heard an ad on the radio that the construction union is hiring. No experience needed. Starting at 32 an hour with full benefits.

I live in california. Housing and gas prices are through the roof. My wife has medical problems its the only reason why i stick it out at ups. Im just tired of working more than 12 hours a day and still cant afford a house. I just wish there were more full time oppurtunities besides driving at ups, or if the wait time was shorter. Just stressed amd frusturated.

unloady

Give us a raise, give us hours

What hourly rate and how many hours per day would you like?

And just think: By the time you go full time under a future contract, the FT driver pay and benefits package might not be as attractive. Sure you wanna keep torturing yourself with your part time poverty side gig?

Just goes to show how weak our union is then i guess.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I live in california. Housing and gas prices are through the roof. My wife has medical problems its the only reason why i stick it out at ups. Im just tired of working more than 12 hours a day and still cant afford a house. I just wish there were more full time oppurtunities besides driving at ups, or if the wait time was shorter. Just stressed amd frusturated.
I was born and raised in southern california. My 9 years and 10 months was spent in Laguna building in orange county CA. Then finally offered a full time spot in Anaheim building. Local 952. I know all about the cost of living in CA. That's why once I went full time I transferred out of state. Your preaching to choir my freind. We've all been there. You'll get through it.

unloady

I was born and raised in southern california. My 9 years and 10 months was spent in Laguna building in orange county CA. Then finally offered a full time spot in Anaheim building. Local 952. I know all about the cost of living in CA. That's why once I went full time I transferred out of state. Your preaching to choir my freind. We've all been there. You'll get through it.

Im in southern california too. Local 63. Glad to hear someone else who made it. Thank you for the kind words.

You’re center sucks.... I wouldn’t want to work there again. That ad says up to 32 with benefits, there are even jobs for those with no experience.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You’re center sucks.... I wouldn’t want to work there again. That ad says up to 32 with benefits, there are even jobs for those with no experience.
It's a cluster eff everyday. Out of the 4 buildings I've been too the current is easily the most chaotic and poorly run. Doesn't really bother me though. I have my own route and on the 9.5.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You live in California.

There's your problem

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Why does this shock you?
YOU LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The less you get, the more full timers get!

giphy-3.gif
tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif