Part-Time Preload Sup

TheBeerDriver

Quick questions, couldn't find it with searching.

Is this a union position?
Would this help in anyway with seniority to become a driver?

I'm assuming the preload is the am shift but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advanced and sorry if this has been covered before. I tried searching for an answer but had no luck.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Quick questions, couldn't find it with searching.

Is this a union position?
Would this help in anyway with seniority to become a driver?

I'm assuming the preload is the am shift but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks in advanced and sorry if this has been covered before. I tried searching for an answer but had no luck.
Non union. Pt preload sup probably worst job at ups

Non Union job.

No. Once you are in management, you are ineligible to become a full-time PC driver.

Preload is the AM shift, you are correct.

That's not true. I've seen people go from sup to package driver.
Some what true actually. If you see any of your PT sups driving, they are on the road for 6 months as a requirement to becoming FT. all PT sups are required to go on the road for 6 months before going FT.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Some what true actually. If you see any of your PT sups driving, they are on the road for 6 months as a requirement to becoming FT. all PT sups are required to go on the road for 6 months before going FT.
Well you are right too, but they don't go driving just to go FT supervision. They can go package and stay in package. I work with 4 in feeders who were part time sups now are full time drivers and won't be returning to supervision.

PT Car Washer

No we are only required 30 days like union drivers.
I thought UPS did away with that requirement. A lot of FT Hub sups and managers I work with have never driven. At least not to the best of my knowledge. On road sups I believe have to put in their time somewhere driving. They will get plenty of driving time after that promotion.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm going for FT on car. We're so small the on car is also the FT sup for both sorts. I did my 30 in our center on a training route. It may be different elsewhere, but i know of at least 2 guys who have done it the same way.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm going for FT on car. We're so small the on car is also the FT sup for both sorts. I did my 30 in our center on a training route. It may be different elsewhere, but i know of at least 2 guys who have done it the same way.

Attachments

• 1443501769976.jpg
    1443501769976.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 151