part time retiree help!

coachJ

New to this forum, hoping to get some information that I can't get from UPS. I worked part time 77-84, then full time til 97. I've managed to get my abbreviated Central States pension estimate but can't find anything pertaining to a part time pension from UPS. How does one go about getting info on a PT pension, if one exists at all? Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

rod

Retired 22 years
New to this forum, hoping to get some information that I can't get from UPS. I worked part time 77-84, then full time til 97. I've managed to get my abbreviated Central States pension estimate but can't find anything pertaining to a part time pension from UPS. How does one go about getting info on a PT pension, if one exists at all? Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

You are asking at the wrong place--call your old Local and get the correct answer. On here you will get 10 different answers and 9+ of them will be wrong

coachJ

I've never received a part time pension statement, been gone from Big Brown since '97. I've received info concerning my 401K and pension info from Central States but never a mention of part time pensions. When I was active, we understood as part timers, we wouldn't receive any future pension for that portion of work....

trickpony1

coachj-
In my area a PT'er had to work 750 hours or more a year to qualify for a pension year credit.

Maybe you didn't work the required hours during those PT years to earn credit?

trickpony1

When I was active, we understood as part timers, we wouldn't receive any future pension for that portion of work....

If you can find a contract book for the years you were PT there should be language regarding PT retirement and.......

wait for it.....

the number of hours you had to work in a year to get pension credit.

In my area you had to work 750 hours.
Do the math.....
750 hours divided by 52 weeks (in a year)=14.423 hours per week.

Anyone see anything suspicious?
That's just under 15 hours a week.
It's almost as if the union (and the company)intentionally agreed on this language knowing most PT'ers wouldn't make it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've never received a part time pension statement, been gone from Big Brown since '97. I've received info concerning my 401K and pension info from Central States but never a mention of part time pensions. When I was active, we understood as part timers, we wouldn't receive any future pension for that portion of work....

I find it very hard to believe that you did not receive any correspondence whatsoever between 1977-84 in regard to your PT pension.

trickpony1

Did you read post #11?
If he didn't work enough hours to earn credit during each of those years, they MAY NOT have sent him a statement.

This is my guess and nothing but a guess.

35years

Gravy route
I find it very hard to believe that you did not receive any correspondence whatsoever between 1977-84 in regard to your PT pension.
Why do you insist on posting on topics you nothing about?

You were never part time. I have never recieved a statement either, and will be receiving a pension for my part time years.

The rules regarding the number of hrs needed to qualify for a part time pension changed over the years retroactively. To the OP...it is best to contact UPS HR.