Part-time retirement

Noelf1250

I am a part timer and looking to retire . I have 28 year age 51 20 I was in Santa Cruz , CA and transfer to Las Vegas under the Educational transfer . I am in doing 40 hours for past 3 years . I got an estimate of my retirement and say I’m locked in peer 84 was I was told the UPS is peer. Can anyone explain to me why I’m Peer 84 ?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am a part timer and looking to retire . I have 28 year age 51 20 I was in Santa Cruz , CA and transfer to Las Vegas under the Educational transfer . I am in doing 40 hours for past 3 years . I got an estimate of my retirement and say I’m locked in peer 84 was I was told the UPS is peer. Can anyone explain to me why I’m Peer 84 ?
@Wally !!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm not in the Western Conference but my understanding is that FT is PEER80 and PT is PEER84. Looks like you gotta work about 3 more years.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Years of service plus your age must equal 84

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I would not complain you could of been under the Central and Southern part time pension plan.

Just curious what would you get in three more years once you obtain the 84 combined years and age service level?

Noelf1250

I would not complain you could of been under the Central and Southern part time pension plan.

Just curious what would you get in three more years once you obtain the 84 combined years and age service level?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 112

DELACROIX

That 3201.50 is what you would get now or when you reach your final Peer 84 requirement?

When you work full time hours as a part timer you will never get additional credit on your final pension benefits.

DELACROIX

My original plan was to retire at age 54 with 30yrs(western conference was peer 84 for both at the time).
Now my plan is age 59 with 35 yrs.... last day working: July 2023 ....keep you posted🤷‍♂️;)

I know you guys have the best retirement plan in the country. Presuming that all your years are Part Time...

Did you get an estimate on your pension benefits yet? ...

badpal

My original plan was to retire at age 54 with 30yrs(western conference was peer 84 for both at the time).
Now my plan is age 59 with 35 yrs.... last day working: July 2023 ....keep you posted🤷‍♂️;)
Keep an eye on contract negotiations might pay u to work abit into the new contract before going

DELACROIX

Keep an eye on contract negotiations might pay u to work abit into the new contract before going

Under the 2018 IBT/UPS the pension increases were negotiated for the following year 1 January 2019. I do not know if those planning on retiring in 2019 had to wait for the final ratification or those increases went retro.

It would be great if any improvements could automatically start at day one after 1 August 2023 or before once it passes

badpal

Under the 2018 IBT/UPS the pension increases were negotiated for the following year 1 January 2019. I do not know if those planning on retiring in 2019 had to wait for the final ratification or those increases went retro.

It would be great if any improvements could automatically start at day one after 1 August 2023 or before once it passes
Yes, and i think every region and supplement has abit of a difference. I know a few drivers here in central states who stayed another year and they got a bumpup in pension. But heard the part timers didn't get that so they went ahead and retired after ratification.