Part time seniority progression

Auxpri

Hello everyone. I'm a part time ramper up in Alaska. I have been on vacation for 4 weeks, and have heard rumors of a supposed wage increase. The problem is, I can't find anything like that in regards to ramp employees, article 22 is what I fall under, I believe. Anyone have any idea? And if so, do we know if we'll get seniority progression? This is my 4th year now, and I'll be really pissed off if I have a new-hire making the same as I am.

Auxpri

3 weeks vacation and 1 option, plus I'm high in seniority so I get the dates I apply for. Either way, anyone have any idea for the main topic?

Auxpri

Okay, this does not address my topic. My topic question is if anyone knows if they'll account for seniority, or, because I don't make $13.00 an hour already, if I will just be bumped up, and they won't recognize seniority levels?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Okay, this does not address my topic. My topic question is if anyone knows if they'll account for seniority, or, because I don't make $13.00 an hour already, if I will just be bumped up, and they won't recognize seniority levels?
Bumped up

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

According to our Joint Council 10 call, you will get the greater of either the 13 pay bump or the standard wage increase of .75
If you make 12.00, you will get the 1.00 raise to 13
If you make 12.50, you'll get the .75 wage increase to 13.25

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
According to our Joint Council 10 call, you will get the greater of either the 13 pay bump or the standard wage increase of .75
If you make 12.00, you will get the 1.00 raise to 13
If you make 12.50, you'll get the .75 wage increase to 13.25

That actually makes sense. Nothing at UPS makes sense. Hopefully it will be true

Auxpri

Yes, the explanation does make sense, but not the method. The Union and UPS basically just :censored2: on our seniority. Driver's and full time rampers would not stand for this whatsoever. I'm smelling an equal representation grievance.

Auxpri

I might not have put in as much time as the 10+ years employees, but I'll be damned if some sprat new hire is making as much as I am.

Auxpri

Yeah, still doesn't make it right. Besides, reading the contract language for "Air-drivers", they're going to have their seniority recognized, so why the :censored2: can't the other job classifications?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes, the explanation does make sense, but not the method. The Union and UPS basically just :censored2: on our seniority. Driver's and full time rampers would not stand for this whatsoever. I'm smelling an equal representation grievance.
That would be a NLRB complaint, not a grievance against the union.
Good luck with that one

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I might not have put in as much time as the 10+ years employees, but I'll be damned if some sprat new hire is making as much as I am.
giphy.gif

Welcome to union life.....
where your seniority matters more than anything.