Part Time Starting Wage

teeitupmo

Heh not here.
We are short 3 people on my shift (soon to be 4) and they're paying me :censored2:ing $10.35 an hour. We don't even have enough people to adequately run our shift. Every day there's some :censored2: driver glaring into the trailer screaming about how the load isn't gonna fit and that I need to 'stack high' while I struggle to lift the 400th 50 pound box over my head that night.
My favorite moments are when the feeder driver hooks up the trailer with me still inside and a stack topples over on my head. Was literally knocked the :censored2: out face down on the trailer floor for a few minutes while boxes continued to fall on top of me off the belt. No one noticed or cared. Came to just in time to hear my sup peeking his head around the corner barking PLAY TETRIS. PLAY TETRIS. I suppose if I'm going to die on the job I'll at least have the honor of listening to boomers whine about how lazy my generation is as I fade out.

This is all good fun, so take no offense...

Quit whining, us unloaders handle 2500-5000 packages ever morning, with weights ranging from 1lb to 100+lb irregular packages.

For example, last week, Prime Week...me and another guy, my location’s best unloaders , unloaded 6 pups a day, not to mention, helping out the slackers!!

So don’t complain about handling 400 packages, with some being 50lbs.

Sorry, had to say something.

AwashBwashCwash

This is all good fun, so take no offense...

Quit whining, us unloaders handle 2500-5000 packages ever morning, with weights ranging from 1lb to 100+lb irregular packages.

For example, last week, Prime Week...me and another guy, my location’s best unloaders , unloaded 6 pups a day, not to mention, helping out the slackers!!

So don’t complain about handling 400 packages, with some being 50lbs.

Sorry, had to say something.

400 isn't the max amount of packages I handle, genius. That's just a good milestone for when the impingement pain in my shoulders start. And it isn't "some" packages being 50 lbs. It's 50 lbs being about the minimum weight I handle.
My hub is next to an industrial park. The trailers I have to load every night would make you quit.

WTFm8

There’s a building close to me that claims to be starting part timers at 14$ an hour? Is this true or even possible? It’s the Chambersburg, PA building. I’m pretty sure they’re in the same local as us so I don’t understand how that can be.

Harrisburg has been advertizing $14/hr also the last few months meanwhile my sort has been through 20+ people this year on local because people only stay 2 days to 2 weeks till they realize it's not a fair days pay for a fair days work.

My sort has 2-3 supervisors that work local every night (4-6hrs).

1 unloads almost all night, 1 floats to assists unloading, pulls/scans airs and load, and other sorts packages to the dock doors.

The other week when I filed grievances on a 1.5 week period based on Art 4 sec 7 of master and Art 46 of supplement (Supervisors working).

Days

They expect the employees to bust ass with no compensation. They don't even reward seniority anymore based on this contract proposal where new hires will just start out the same as senior employees.

No incentives

Rack em

Made the Podium
Harrisburg has been advertizing $14/hr also the last few months meanwhile my sort has been through 20+ people this year on local because people only stay 2 days to 2 weeks till they realize it's not a fair days pay for a fair days work.

My sort has 2-3 supervisors that work local every night (4-6hrs).

1 unloads almost all night, 1 floats to assists unloading, pulls/scans airs and load, and other sorts packages to the dock doors.

The other week when I filed grievances on a 1.5 week period based on Art 4 sec 7 of master and Art 46 of supplement (Supervisors working).
You only have 5 days to file a grievance so the grievance will only pay back 5 days. In the future file right away if supervisors are working.