Part Time Starting Wage

Big Heavy Package Handler

There’s a building close to me that claims to be starting part timers at 14$ an hour? Is this true or even possible? It’s the Chambersburg, PA building. I’m pretty sure they’re in the same local as us so I don’t understand how that can be.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Ups is either offering a higher starting wage or attendance bonus for new hires. It is happening all over the country

AwashBwashCwash

Ups is either offering a higher starting wage or attendance bonus for new hires. It is happening all over the country

Heh not here.
We are short 3 people on my shift (soon to be 4) and they're paying me :censored2:ing $10.35 an hour. We don't even have enough people to adequately run our shift. Every day there's some :censored2: driver glaring into the trailer screaming about how the load isn't gonna fit and that I need to 'stack high' while I struggle to lift the 400th 50 pound box over my head that night.
My favorite moments are when the feeder driver hooks up the trailer with me still inside and a stack topples over on my head. Was literally knocked the :censored2: out face down on the trailer floor for a few minutes while boxes continued to fall on top of me off the belt. No one noticed or cared. Came to just in time to hear my sup peeking his head around the corner barking PLAY TETRIS. PLAY TETRIS. I suppose if I'm going to die on the job I'll at least have the honor of listening to boomers whine about how lazy my generation is as I fade out.

km3

My favorite moments are when the feeder driver hooks up the trailer with me still inside and a stack topples over on my head. Was literally knocked the :censored2: out face down on the trailer floor for a few minutes while boxes continued to fall on top of me off the belt.

You should have filed an injury report. Or at least a grievance.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Heh not here.
We are short 3 people on my shift (soon to be 4) and they're paying me :censored2:ing $10.35 an hour. We don't even have enough people to adequately run our shift. Every day there's some :censored2: driver glaring into the trailer screaming about how the load isn't gonna fit and that I need to 'stack high' while I struggle to lift the 400th 50 pound box over my head that night.
My favorite moments are when the feeder driver hooks up the trailer with me still inside and a stack topples over on my head. Was literally knocked the :censored2: out face down on the trailer floor for a few minutes while boxes continued to fall on top of me off the belt. No one noticed or cared. Came to just in time to hear my sup peeking his head around the corner barking PLAY TETRIS. PLAY TETRIS. I suppose if I'm going to die on the job I'll at least have the honor of listening to boomers whine about how lazy my generation is as I fade out.
why are you putting heavy boxes on top of the wall it doesnt work like that save them for your next base

That how I can get paid 38, while coworkers getting less.
upload_2018-7-20_10-38-2.png