Part time supervisor test results

Upser1983

Hello all, I'm new to the forums. My full time sup recommended me to be a part time sup after him over hearing me mention to a co-worker that I want to move up in the company. He sat me down and explained to me the pros and cons, which was everything I've read on here about the position, so no need to tell me what I already know. Please leave pitty parties and negativity about my career choice opinions to yourself. He said I'm an excellent worker and any facility would be lucky to have me as their sup, and that my military background is a plus. Anyway, I took the mapp test Friday morning at home, piece of cake. Any of you guys know how long it takes for my sup to receive the email with my test results? Also, Any idea how long it takes to actually be promoted after passing the test? And how do I figure out what facility I will be transferring to? For me, this is the best decision for myself and my family. I'm more less trying to get a basic idea of time frame. I'll be tripling my salary, and for my family and i, it's the best move I could make

ThyDevourer

Tripling your salary sounds quite optimistic. PT sups work probably +1-2 hrs longer than PT laborers and make a few dollars an hour more. Regardless, goodluck to you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello all, I'm new to the forums. My full time sup recommended me to be a part time sup after him over hearing me mention to a co-worker that I want to move up in the company. He sat me down and explained to me the pros and cons, which was everything I've read on here about the position, so no need to tell me what I already know. Please leave pitty parties and negativity about my career choice opinions to yourself. He said I'm an excellent worker and any facility would be lucky to have me as their sup, and that my military background is a plus. Anyway, I took the mapp test Friday morning at home, piece of cake. Any of you guys know how long it takes for my sup to receive the email with my test results? Also, Any idea how long it takes to actually be promoted after passing the test? And how do I figure out what facility I will be transferring to? For me, this is the best decision for myself and my family. I'm more less trying to get a basic idea of time frame. I'll be tripling my salary, and for my family and i, it's the best move I could make
Excellent worker and any facility would be lucky to have you. Ohh-k

You'll go far

NonDeliverOtherMissed

In ten years...if u don't get promoted to full time sup. ..you would be better off as a package handler making more money...your best career move would be to go driving....imo

Upser1983

I told you guys I'd update you. I called the hr that handles the tests. I passed the test and am eligible for promotion. My boss got the email and forwarded it to me. Now it's a waiting game to find an opening. Yes I will be tripling my salary from 100 bucks a week to after taxes taken as a supervisor guaranteed 325$ a week including insurance 401k and any other deductions I included. The hr guy I spoke with at that facility I may go to has already Spoke with me about after 6 month he'd like to make me a full time sup. Things are going great and have been since I started. Now not to sound rude or disrespectful but in my opinion, the people who try shooting management down, it feels like either jealousy or possibly people you knew whom weren't cut out for a high stress job, unless it is people who wanted the promotion and never got it. Enough of my ranting. It comes down to who you know and who your boss knows in ups. Hands down fact that knowing people sometimes can help. Thanks again to everyone, even the Debbie downers. Good luck to all of you

PT Car Washer

I told you guys I'd update you. I called the hr that handles the tests. I passed the test and am eligible for promotion. My boss got the email and forwarded it to me. Now it's a waiting game to find an opening. Yes I will be tripling my salary from 100 bucks a week to after taxes taken as a supervisor guaranteed 325$ a week including insurance 401k and any other deductions I included. The hr guy I spoke with at that facility I may go to has already Spoke with me about after 6 month he'd like to make me a full time sup. Things are going great and have been since I started. Now not to sound rude or disrespectful but in my opinion, the people who try shooting management down, it feels like either jealousy or possibly people you knew whom weren't cut out for a high stress job, unless it is people who wanted the promotion and never got it. Enough of my ranting. It comes down to who you know and who your boss knows in ups. Hands down fact that knowing people sometimes can help. Thanks again to everyone, even the Debbie downers. Good luck to all of you
Congratulations and I hope everything works out the way you are planning. Most of the Debbie Downers here are just speaking from years of experience so don't listen to any of them. I have seen PT sups rise to FT sups and sort managers. Our current Labor manager was a PT preload sup. Just does not happen very often. Maybe one out of 500 PT sups go any higher.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Congratulations and I hope everything works out the way you are planning. Most of the Debbie Downers here are just speaking from years of experience so don't listen to any of them. I have seen PT sups rise to FT sups and sort managers. Our current Labor manager was a PT preload sup. Just does not happen very often. Maybe one out of 500 PT sups go any higher.
Isn't that an oxy maroon of some sort...." The Debbie downers are speaking from experience" well the ones on here with experience know more about this process than this kid who's being told all these things...hopefully it does work out for him the way he's talking about but the "experienced Debbie downers" are speaking from experience.....get what I'm saying?...I'm just saying go driving and in 5 years you are guaranteed to be making 60-80k a year

Chai03

I'm a candidate and just took the test today and am super anxious for the results as I feel like I failed the math portion, any way of finding out the results before I get a call with bad news?

UPSGUY72

Congratulations you passed the test, Now you actually got to get hired somewhere and then you actually have to do some work. As far as moving from PT to FT SUP. I have seen one person in my area of 3 building do that in the last 10 years. Not saying it can't be done but that's not the norm because they want On road Sup's that actually have experience doing the job and can do the job very well. In most case PT Sup move on to FT Driver positions but most just move on from UPS.

I went from working the primary to FT Driver to On Road Sup.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I'm a candidate and just took the test today and am super anxious for the results as I feel like I failed the math portion, any way of finding out the results before I get a call with bad news?
You don't get the results. It's a pass fail. You'll know if you passed if they tell you congrats you're a sup.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Congratulations you passed the test, Now you actually got to get hired somewhere and then you actually have to do some work. As far as moving from PT to FT SUP. I have seen one person in my area of 3 building do that in the last 10 years. Not saying it can't be done but that's not the norm because they want On road Sup's that actually have experience doing the job and can do the job very well. In most case PT Sup move on to FT Driver positions but most just move on from UPS.

I went from working the primary to FT Driver to On Road Sup.
3 people in my previous building (myself included) went from PT Sup to ORS in 3 years or less in the last 3 years. It isn't unheard of, especially as less and less drivers make the jump.

clean hairy

As best as I understand it, any non union management has to pay for the health coverage.
Perhaps Frigid sup can confirm this?

UPSGUY72

Guessing by the time taxes and health insurance are subtracted, the take home check will be less per hour.

I had three option for health insurance.

1. 209.90 a month................. $1000 Deductible
2. 46.25 a month .................$3000 Deductible
3 13.08 a month ..................$4000 Deductible

I picked $46.25 a month it works out best as my ex-wife has to pay half the Deductible as the children are on my plan and she had to get her own plan at her work. I could have picked the $4000 deductible and made my ex-wife pay $500 more in deductibles a year but it works out that the middle plan is $102 cheaper and cost less over than either of the other options.

jeepupser

Positives are that you get paid more. Negatives are that you work more hours, have to deal with crappy employees and get yelled at by the full timers.