Part Time Sups--------Don't be this foolish!

PE Pro

This morning while checking out a noise coming from a conveyor, I came across these 2 clowns:clown::clown:, no I mean part-time supervisors who were on a thoroughly jammed up conveyor. I am familiar with the noise so I suspected it to be a jam but it is my job to check out these types of unusual noises, so I did. When I got to the area the noise was coming from I saw these guys up on the conveyor that was approximately 15-20' up throwing packages in a very panicked manner to another conveyor like the packages were trash as opposed to some customers property. After a couple of moments I saw one guy stand on the side pan and the other, in a red face panicked manner, yelled to a guy to start the conveyor while he was still on the conveyor. The conveyor did not move on start up so he grabbed a hold of a conveyor crossbeam and started pushing with his feet to move the conveyor, the other guy joined him. They did this right near a hitch, one of the most dangerous components that we have at UPS. The conveyor was loaded with packages and their feet were very close to the hitch and the belt was moving. The craziest thing about this is that I personally spoke to the one guy about this exact danger on this exact belt weeks ago. He wants to be the hero of the sort. I hate to be the one to break the news to him and any other fool who would do something like this but if you get hurt or killed while doing something like this at UPS the first thing you and you loved ones will hear from UPS is what an idiot you were for doing what you were doing. They will just lie and act like this isn't something you guys do all the time. You may not want to believe it but you know its true. Whatever.

Raw

Raw Member
This morning while checking out a noise coming from a conveyor, I came across these 2 clowns:clown::clown:, no I mean part-time supervisors who were on a thoroughly jammed up conveyor. I am familiar with the noise so I suspected it to be a jam but it is my job to check out these types of unusual noises, so I did. When I got to the area the noise was coming from I saw these guys up on the conveyor that was approximately 15-20' up throwing packages in a very panicked manner to another conveyor like the packages were trash as opposed to some customers property. After a couple of moments I saw one guy stand on the side pan and the other, in a red face panicked manner, yelled to a guy to start the conveyor while he was still on the conveyor. The conveyor did not move on start up so he grabbed a hold of a conveyor crossbeam and started pushing with his feet to move the conveyor, the other guy joined him. They did this right near a hitch, one of the most dangerous components that we have at UPS. The conveyor was loaded with packages and their feet were very close to the hitch and the belt was moving. The craziest thing about this is that I personally spoke to the one guy about this exact danger on this exact belt weeks ago. He wants to be the hero of the sort. I hate to be the one to break the news to him and any other fool who would do something like this but if you get hurt or killed while doing something like this at UPS the first thing you and you loved ones will hear from UPS is what an idiot you were for doing what you were doing. They will just lie and act like this isn't something you guys do all the time. You may not want to believe it but you know its true. Whatever.
Don`t worry about it, Nature will take care of it! Ever hear of natural selection! :wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
not to late for you guys to quit, seeing how it sucks so bad
Aren't you the same guy that....................?:wink2: I didn't say UPS sucks, I was just repeating what someone else said. I LOVE UPS, I'm just not very fond of some stuff that happens around here. I bet if I ran my butt off and skipped my lunch, pleasing my superiors by providing great bonus (bogus) numbers for them, and got home to a hot supper and a loving, non upset wife, things would be so much better.:knockedout:

PE Pro

not to late for you to quit if you don't like entering online discussions with people who speak their minds (and the truth I might add). I don't know how long you been with UPS but if you are uncomfortable with people who feel this way then you might be the one who should quit. :tt2:

I make 30 buck an hour + a hell of alot of bennies my kids and wife have a good life and I thank Jesus everyday for it , but it still sucks. Nevermind everything is rosey the big boss in Atlanta appreciates everything I do and this job dosent make my body hurt the least bit it's great I am so greatful can I have 20 more stops and a p-800.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
not to late for you to quit if you don't like entering online discussions with people who speak their minds (and the truth I might add). I don't know how long you been with UPS but if you are uncomfortable with people who feel this way then you might be the one who should quit. :tt2:
you know what it is,., there is the allmighty underlying reality that we work for a company that pays us to do what they say,, realy, the job is hard and is a grind,, but it does not "suck",,..there are people that work ALOT harder for alot less money .-------------- that whole mentality that the co owes us makes no sense

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Aren't you the same guy that....................?:wink2: I didn't say UPS sucks, I was just repeating what someone else said. I LOVE UPS, I'm just not very fond of some stuff that happens around here. I bet if I ran my butt off and skipped my lunch, pleasing my superiors by providing great bonus (bogus) numbers for them, and got home to a hot supper and a loving, non upset wife, things would be so much better.:knockedout:
its not about pleasing the co, the union or any boss---
talk to me about these priorities when your older and your family is grown and gone

wornoutupser

wornoutupser

My old full time sup beat this!
One day the belt would not turn on. The problem was that the soleniod would kick out when you tried to start the belt.

The sup said "watch this!" and took out the switch, put a penny behind it to hold the solenoid and started the belt.

About thirty seconds later the motor caught on fire! What an idiot!

pemanager

PE Pro,
Did you report this to your management? If not, please do so. From your description, their actions are totally unacceptable and need to be dealt with before they get hurt. Thank you.

pemanager

PE Pro,

On a second reading, this appears to be a frequent jam location. Has anyone inspected the conveyor to make sure there is not a mechanical cause for the jams?

tieguy

Banned

Roflmao your posting style is unique. You throw something out there then get in the fetal position and scratch and claw at anyone that disagrees. If you really think its great that you speak your mind then you also need to learn to appreciate others who respond by speaking their minds.

PE Pro

Roflmao your posting style is unique. You throw something out there then get in the fetal position and scratch and claw at anyone that disagrees. If you really think its great that you speak your mind then you also need to learn to appreciate others who respond by speaking their minds.
:taz:Ready for some more scratching and clawing! I don't care who agrees or disagrees with me. I 'm only working with what others are offering as replies. BTW Do you ever stay on topic?:offtopic:

22.34life

PE Pro,
Did you report this to your management? If not, please do so. From your description, their actions are totally unacceptable and need to be dealt with before they get hurt. Thank you.

the manager was the one that told them to do it in the first place.

pemanager

the manager was the one that told them to do it in the first place.

I don't know if that truly is the case but I was referring to PE Pro's manager, even though the safety manager would not be a bad choice.

Also, if someone knows for A FACT that a manager or Supervisor directed this activity they should also pass that information on to the safety Manager.