Part-time to full-time pension

FAVREFAN

Any 705 guys out there? If I do 20 years p.t. and then say 10 or 15 years friend.t.(22.3), how does the pension work? Can I split with 30 or 35 years combined at 50 or 55 years old and start getting checks right away or do I have to wait until 65? Thanks for any help.

This is something I would like to know as well...I had 7 years as a PT local sorter and have been a FT 22.3 for 7. My dilemma is that if I had to wait untill 65 to collect I'll have worked for UPS for 46 years!!! YIKES!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is something I would like to know as well...I had 7 years as a PT local sorter and have been a FT 22.3 for 7. My dilemma is that if I had to wait untill 65 to collect I'll have worked for UPS for 46 years!!! YIKES!!!

You don't have to work until you are 65 to start collecting at 65. The pension will be waiting for you until you turn 65.

Yeah I understand that, what I mean is once I get 30 years in I'll only be 49 years old. It just suck's that I would have to wait another 16 years to draw, plus I would have to stay at UPS because I would never make the kind of money I make any where else.