Part-time top pay progression

blakerben

It would be nice if one day the union would negotiate for part-time top pay progression. Full-timers get top pay after their 4 year progression. As it is now, it takes a part-timer 20+ years to hit that mark. Maybe spend more negotiating energy on that instead of raising the start pay $3. I know there are a lot more part timers than full timers and money is an issue, but 20 years is ridiculous. Been sorting for 10 years and making just under half of driving top pay.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
It would be nice if one day the union would negotiate for part-time top pay progression. Full-timers get top pay after their 4 year progression. As it is now, it takes a part-timer 20+ years to hit that mark. Maybe spend more negotiating energy on that instead of raising the start pay $3. I know there are a lot more part timers than full timers and money is an issue, but 20 years is ridiculous. Been sorting for 10 years and making just under half of driving top pay.

Just can not happen that way. We need low part time wage to pay drivers what we do. Just moving to 13-15.50 has already necessitated that 1/4 of drivers being paid $6 less.

Time for change

Actually part timers no longer hit top pay no matter how long they have been with the company. They narrowed the gap a touch for part timers with 3 or less years, but did nothing for the rest of us. The good news is, they have awakened the part time vote. Not sure if it will be enough in the face of an unprecedented push for a yes vote by the partners UPS and IBT.

blakerben

Isn’t there a max that a part-timer can make? I believe it is $27/hr here in the southern region. Are you saying there is no top pay? I don’t understand? And I hope you are right about it awakening the part time voters because we work hard like drivers and should be paid accordingly. I tried driving in the past and understand the importantance of delivering, but us pt package handlers play an important part as well.

Time for change

Isn’t there a max that a part-timer can make? I believe it is $27/hr here in the southern region. Are you saying there is no top pay? I don’t understand? And I hope you are right about it awakening the part time voters because we work hard like drivers and should be paid accordingly. I tried driving in the past and understand the importantance of delivering, but us pt package handlers play an important part as well.
There is no “top rate”, there are part timers making mid 30’s an hour.

blakerben

Well that’s cool that there’s no top pay ceiling, but I do feel like there should be a shorter time to reach those higher amounts.