part time vs full time insurance

I just got full time new insurance... It sucks compared to my part time insurance... I'm going to be paying a lot more for prescriptions now than before... Im disappointed.... my previous myteamcare insurance would cover 100% of all my drugs i would take

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just got new insurance... It sucks compared to my part time insurance... I'm going to be paying a lot more for prescriptions now than before... Im disappointed.... my previous myteamcare insurance would cover 100%.... now i have to pay all this crap..

Shop around.

If you are taking maintenance meds you can save a lot of money by ordering them through the mail.

A lot of the national Rx chains take Teamcare with a very small co-pay.

You need to become a smarter medical consumer.

my insurance before would cover meds from the compounding pharmacy and cover it 100%... now they don't cover any meds from the compounding pharmacy.. generic meds were 0 before now they are $5 and they no longer accept CVS!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

my insurance before would cover meds from the compounding pharmacy and cover it 100%... now they don't cover any meds from the compounding pharmacy.. generic meds were 0 before now they are $5 and they no longer accept CVS!!!

You need to go to the Teamcare website and educate yourself before you spend any more money than you have to.

upschuck

Are you on Teamcare, or a carve out? PT Teamcare is a little better than FT Teamcare here, but not that much. Prescriptions are covered 100% through Caremark/CVS for maintenance drugs with a few exceptions, but they have alternates that do the same thing that are covered. Prescriptions do not change from PT to FT.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I just got full time new insurance... It sucks compared to my part time insurance... I'm going to be paying a lot more for prescriptions now than before... Im disappointed.... my previous myteamcare insurance would cover 100% of all my drugs i would take
I pay 5.00 at CVS every time I buy a prescription.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
It's not so bad man. I was upset at first too, however you HAVE to watch where you go. Sometimes they will try to screw you out of money, and sometimes you have to make sure they use labs that are covered etc. We just had a baby and so far I haven't paid anything. I paid for my wifes pain killers, and two other meds and it was like 7 bucks. I might have to pay a couple hundred bucks after it's all said and done. Make sure you are living within your means and it's no big deal.