Part timer, over time after 8 hours?

Moneythehardway

Ok I've been working at UPS awhile now, but this is the first year I've gone over 8 hours in ONE shift, no clocking out or double shifting. (part time sorter) which should equal around 3 hours of OT (if anything over 5 hours for Ptimers is OT) , however when I check my paycheck it only has OT after 8 hours! I did a total of 9 1/2 hours one day, and I see on my check it is 1 1/2 hours OT instead of 4 1/2 hours.

Now someone at my hub did mention that if you go over 8 hours it will be OT after 8 instead of 5 hours but I thought that was only the case if you either double shift, are full time or have to clock out for some reason and clock back in. But he's a regular parttimer like me so i didn't know what to make of it until I notice my check short of OT hours.

So how does that work? Is it true that as a part timer, any work after 8 consecutive hours is only counted as OT after 8 hours or should it still be after 5 hours? Thanks for any help in advance. I'm in the Southeastern region if that helps

Macbrother

Check your local supplement. Under the Atlantic supplement, where I am, anything over 5, no matter what, is overtime. Some regions this is not the case.

Ouch

[quot="UpstateNYUPSer, post: 1242886, member: 12570"]It's a supplement only in the affected districts.[/quote]
Does It state double shift or a single shift?

HBGPreloader

Grieve it.
IMHO, if you were working a double shift, you would have been afforded breaks/meals according to your local supplement.
If you weren't granted these breaks per your supplement, overtime should have been paid after 5 hours.
If they give you a hard time, and your state has such a law, just mention that most states require a half hour lunch when working an 8 hour shift.