part timer Raleigh hub bonus 2022?

PT Car Washer

Did any of you guys received a 75 dollar bonus for working? I did. whohoooo.
$75 retention bonus for PT. Yep including PT clerks and car washers. Not sure about PT air drivers. Depending on how many hours you work in a week, some PT are making $42 to $43/hr.

SPORHts

Falls River center in the Raleigh hub needs drivers badly. If you want the big money check out the job postings on the right when you walk in. We were just "awarded" 14 new RPCD jobs. If everyone works 14 hours a day we probably won't bring back any missed.

DiligentUPSer

I didn't know (trust) how it would work at my hub in the upper midwest because I've been PT long enough that my wage did not increase because of the MRA at $22/ hr in the final quarter of '21 nor did it drop back to $15 (or under $22) after the MRA was eliminated weeks ago. However, the PCM said ALL package handlers (I'm assuming just PT package handlers but language was open for interpretation) would receive a $225/per week bonus. I ultimately received the $225 per week bonus on this check and so did someone working here a hand full of years more than me in the same classification (as well as everyone else whose rates dropped back down to $15 or under $22). It seems legit for now. This helps because the staffing is strong because of the overall pay/bonuses so they stick it to us every night and push that volume out like I've never seen. Sort spans are around 30-45 minutes less than they were last year at the same time, so hours are far down. It sounds like bonus amount varies on location and I'd guess only for hubs but I could be wrong. Affected employees must have a punch in/out each day (even if they take their cut or get sent home) so you can't call in.

Last edited:

DiligentUPSer

Our hub has a $225/week bonus. Attendance sure has improved!
Yes! Last year around this time we had a skeleton crew (had a bare bones crew all year until the MRA) for staffing at best and the hub had to get creative in some circumstances to properly staff areas. But now with the $225/week bonus (formerly MRA) I've never seen staffing (and great workers) like this. We have people taking their cut at the start of the shift or sent home right away. I'd think most would have a serious situation to call in and I've seen very few call-ins since this was implemented. Maybe variances of these increases for PTers have been a test study by the company to see how paying PTers more affects the quality, production, and ultimately bottom line. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here. With upcoming contract negotiations, hopefully the union has been taking their notes...the company is clearly willing to pay more but in each previous contract the union accepts just whatever garbage and both sides market it as "the best deal ever". LoL.

Jetboat1

Good for you keep pushing your boot on the part timers head make sure their underwater! Just hope they don't grab your leg and drag you down with them.

opie

I didn't know (trust) how it would work at my hub in the upper midwest because I've been PT long enough that my wage did not increase because of the MRA at $22/ hr in the final quarter of '21 nor did it drop back to $15 (or under $22) after the MRA was eliminated weeks ago. However, the PCM said ALL package handlers (I'm assuming just PT package handlers but language was open for interpretation) would receive a $225/per week bonus. I ultimately received the $225 per week bonus on this check and so did someone working here a hand full of years more than me in the same classification (as well as everyone else whose rates dropped back down to $15 or under $22). It seems legit for now. This helps because the staffing is strong because of the overall pay/bonuses so they stick it to us every night and push that volume out like I've never seen. Sort spans are around 30-45 minutes less than they were last year at the same time, so hours are far down. It sounds like bonus amount varies on location and I'd guess only for hubs but I could be wrong. Affected employees must have a punch in/out each day (even if they take their cut or get sent home) so you can't call in.
What location is this $225 bonus? Most I've seen on UPS jobs website was $175.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Did any of you guys received a 75 dollar bonus for working? I did. whohoooo.
They are giving a $175 attendance bonus to all pt’ers at my building, the catch is they have to be on time in their work area all 5 days in a row. So that probably eliminates 90% of them.