Part timers pay

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I could always use more money...and I wouldn't turn down some more hours on certain days....but I make more than new drivers so I can't complain too much. And we got an increase with the new contract.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Does anyone else feel that part timers employed within the last 10yrs are getting gypped on there pay. We need our pay increased a bunch to catch up to the others pay rate.

fixed it for you

Maybe you should have applied 10 years ago.

Just to really tick you off, in my old building, we had PTs making well over 25 dollars/hour.

BrownChoice

At a certain point, it would make sense to not even go ft driving, stay part time and cover drive as much as possible and with topped out air/utility driving, a ptmer could make well over 50k a year. Probably even 60k... If i ever reach that point then i wont go driving.

Telling the company to pound sand WHENEVER the hell you want/need to is priceless!!!!!

UPSGUY72

Does anyone else feel that part timers employed within the last 10yrs are getting jipped on there pay. We need our pay increased a bunch to catch up to the others pay rate.

You basically want PT to have a similar pay raise progress that FT get. That isn't going to happen and the so call catch up pay your looking for will never happen either.

Go find a PT job that gives you the benefits that UPS gives (pension, healthcare, vactions, personal and sick days , etc ) and yearly pay raises. I'm sure you could go work at Mc Donalds and make the same or more than what you started at UPS but your not going to be getting yearly raises for as long as you work there and they don't have a pension and you will be paying for your healthcare. As go find a PT job that depending on years of service you could get 5-6 weeks of paid vacation time.

Stop bitching if you don't like the pay go find another job that pay better there are a lot of people that would love to have your job...

PT Car Washer

At a certain point, it would make sense to not even go ft driving, stay part time and cover drive as much as possible and with topped out air/utility driving, a ptmer could make well over 50k a year. Probably even 60k... If i ever reach that point then i wont go driving.

Telling the company to pound sand WHENEVER the hell you want/need to is priceless!!!!!
66 K last year. And don't forget Sat. Air driving also.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Look at the big picture. Someone working at UPS about 10 years makes about 17 an hour. Add in what they kick in towards your health insurance & pension, that's about another $17/hr.
$34/hr for a part time job. Pretty fair if you ask me.

PT Car Washer

Look at the big picture. Someone working at UPS about 10 years makes about 17 an hour. Add in what they kick in towards your health insurance & pension, that's about another $17/hr.
$34/hr for a part time job. Pretty fair if you ask me.
I don't know of any PTers making $34/hr. I only make $30.70/hr. Other PTers make $31.75/hr with sort pay.

UPSGUY72

How are you enjoying that new raise? We won't see it until all the Ryder's pass and then enjoy Uncle Sam taxing the hell out of our back pay

So what is it do you want to make more money and pay more taxes or pay less taxes and make less....

You tax burden is based on the amount you make yearly and what deduction you can take. Just because the IRS takes more out of one of your pay checks doesn't mean they are going to get to keep all of it at the end of the year. If you want more now and have to pay when you file your taxes increase the number your claiming on your W-4 and state with holding form....