part timers to be paid $11.00 an hour starting august?

is this true? i think i read it somewhere.

if i get a job sometime this month at the normal $8.50 or whatever it is, will they pay get bumpbed to $11.00 come august?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If you're not currently employed by UPS and start later this month, you'll begin at either $8.50, $9.50 (Preload & sort aisle) or your area's minimum wage. After the contract's ratified, you will be bumped to $10 or $11 (Preload & sort aisle). As you will not obtain seniority before July 31, it's likely you will not see your next raise (50c) until your first anniversary.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you're not currently employed by UPS and start later this month, you'll begin at either $8.50, $9.50 (Preload & sort aisle) or your area's minimum wage. After the contract's ratified, you will be bumped to $10 or $11 (Preload & sort aisle). As you will not obtain seniority before July 31, it's likely you will not see your next raise (50c) until your first anniversary.

What about me? I will be making $9.50 before the contract is ratified. How much will my pay increase be?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
When I started , mid 1970's , starting rate was $7.62.
With 4 hours @ day .
But one must remember that a dollar back then had much more purchasing power .

( If one sorted they got 10 cents more ) .

browniehound

When I started , mid 1970's , starting rate was $7.62.
With 4 hours @ day .
But one must remember that a dollar back then had much more purchasing power .

( If one sorted they got 10 cents more ) .

You could have filled your gas tank with an hours pay. For perspective, today as a driver I must work about 2 hours to fill my tank. Cigaretts were $0.60, today $8.50. You could actually live on $7.62/hour then.

P

pickup

What about me? I will be making $9.50 before the contract is ratified. How much will my pay increase be?

The new contract only applies to everyone else. But you are a special case, you deserve to be treated much more differently than everyone else because as we all know, you are just a cut above the rest. You will be paid what you are worth and fortunately for you , there are minimum wage laws that prevent that. Good day to you Kappamassacre.

fhwftw

Its 11.70 if you've already had your year raise, the 9.50 raise would be 10.20. And I didnt think this was going to happen in august since the contract is being renegotiated?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Thank you so much, very helpful. Wish every poster on here were like you.

Per the new contract, on August 1st, your rate of pay will be adjusted to the new floor of $10 (or $11 skilled), and you'll receive a 70c raise, thus putting you at $10.70 (or $11.70). You'll see this adjustment once the contract has been ratified, and the monies earned after August 1 but before ratification will be dispersed through a retro check eventually.

I wasn't trying to be rude, but I relayed an accurate answer in this thread, and provided more detailed answers in other threads.