PASSED DOT today!

Zowert

Passed my DOT exam. Meet with HR next week. They spoke of getting me scheduled for class. Is that Integrad they is referring to?
Happy 4th

Depends where you're at. I didn't go to integrad, they just sent me to a local center for a week of training where we learned how to use the DIAD without even seeing one (on a computer) and drove around for 45 minutes a day. The rest of it was in class stuff, mostly about safety. In training they preach safety first, in practice they just want you to get your commits delivered on time. If you go to integrad you'll probably be a little better trained. I hope you have good nerves because your 30 days will be stressful as hell!

panchovilla

31680D19-FA30-40DA-BBC6-5761BBC2AC88.jpeg
After the training an on-road sup will ride with you for 3 days. Your first day solo dont run(brisk walk)! Thats going to set a benchmark and you have to improve from that first day solo. For stress dont think about the full truck, think a package at a time. Be prepared for your truck looking like this. Hood Luck.

Over 70

Get ready for the grind, good luck and I hope you’re successful.

Making over 100k a year makes the job a little easier to stomach, but get ready to work both mentally and physically.

How many years and lost wages to finally get full time 100k working 60hours a week every week is the real question.

Honestly, the only type of person I'd even think of recommending UPS to is someone who just graduated high school, doesnt want to go to college, and has no interest in learning an in demand trade, or starting a family.

That is unless working conditions radically change but I doubt it.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m going for my first colonoscopy in August anything I should know?
Fast the whole day day before even though they say you can eat. You want the doctor to have the best viewing conditions.

Some doctors are better than others, do your research. Also, ask the doctor about flat lesions.