Passed up a shifting position, someone please kick me

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Had a chance to end the 28 year madness of driving and shift on the yard from 10 am to 7 pm. Passed it up and want to be blasted from everyone for not taking it. There were more advantages to doing it than driving with the same pay and supposedly unlimited overtime. Why didn't I take it?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had a full time shifting job for several years. I was still a feeder driver, because I left midway through my shift and made a CPU at a large computer company, plus, when extra work came up, I got to leave the yard as well. Shifting in the yard can bring it's own set of problems sometimes, as well. There is a large turnover on our yard, maybe you'll get another shot at it.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I had a full time shifting job for several years. I was still a feeder driver, because I left midway through my shift and made a CPU at a large computer company, plus, when extra work came up, I got to leave the yard as well. Shifting in the yard can bring it's own set of problems sometimes, as well. There is a large turnover on our yard, maybe you'll get another shot at it.
That's what I'm hoping , not ready yet I enjoy talking to people and like the idea of being away from the building overlooking all the bs and unrealistic work loads. Thanks!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Its not that boring. You have a radio and can talk with the other shifters. At night we have trivia contests.