patriotism

DS

Fenderbender
Could patriotism help get America back in the black?
I wonder if things would improve if we all bought products
that were not made in china or japan.We are as guilty as everyone else
for buying a toyota,instead of a Chevy.I said before in another post,that
if there was an "Amerimart" or a "Canadepot" that only sold domesticly
produced items would you pay a bit more to put China and Japan in the red for a change?Walmart would go down fast.
the new adds that Saturn proudly proclaims thier cars are now made in europe....why? what the k is european styling? who needs em...
If anyone has $500million to lend me, I'll open a string of stores called
Double Standard.Twice the quality, made in the USA.Shop at DS for domestic success.I will hire all the layed off walmart and dollar store employees and treat them human.I will need a committed staff if anyone wants to be a part of it.Lets grow our own.

drewed

Shankman
Saturns are made in Europe, Dodge(and their grouping of brands) are built in the US but designed in Germany. The problem DS is no major US company wants to stay in the US, labor cost, material cost, and gov't oversight all make building products in the US extraodinarily expensive. I drive a toyota built in the US by non-ua workers my parents drive hyundais built in alabama by non-ua workers, the only reason those companys moved to the US is they stayed out of the UAW.
The problem is people arent thinking out of the box, many Americans have lost their entrepenuarial spirit.