Pay Change - PT Supervisors?

writer

Preoad Supervisor
We were told this morning that a good change for us will be taking place with our pay at Jan. 1. It will be discussed later, this week or Monday a.m. Anyone know about this??

beentheredonethat

We were told this morning that a good change for us will be taking place with our pay at Jan. 1. It will be discussed later, this week or Monday a.m. Anyone know about this??

Weekly pay vs semi monthly pay.
1/2 month gone now incorporated into your regular pay rate.
Going to be treated re pay more like hourlies.
So it could be good or bad for you.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
Weekly pay vs semi monthly pay.
1/2 month gone now incorporated into your regular pay rate.
Going to be treated re pay more like hourlies.
So it could be good or bad for you.

The Operations Supe said he wished he could get paid like we were going to. So it will not be salary anymore??

What do you mean by the 1/2 month gone....??

writer

Preoad Supervisor
he means not getting paid bi-weekly like part time sups do .

This I already understood, but didn't get the 1/2 month gone. I get that now, too. So, a SMALL pay raise put into our pay the whole rest of the year to make up for that. So, HOW is this a better thing, though getting paid each week is a plus.

BURMDPsupe

...So, HOW is this a better thing, though getting paid each week is a plus.

One benefit would be that your 1/2 month salary in December will not be taxed so heavily as opposed to the 1/2 month salary that will be included in the weekly salary. Most folks are taxed above the 30% mark on the 1/2 month because the IRS treats it like a bonus, not an actual wage.

M-

This is the pits.

I'd prefer our pay went back to monthly, on the 26th of every month. As a college student, that made life easy. I would get paid at one time and was able to easily pay my rent and bills and not worry about budgeting throughout the month. I was peeved enough when we went to bi-monthly, but now this?

And our half-month "bonus" check is now going away? Now I'll have to save up for XMas throughout the year. (Like that's going to happen :()

Once we go to weekly pay and no more bonus, we'll officially be what everyone already knows we are - glorified loaders.

drewed

Shankman
its counter intuitive to say youd have budget more with gettting paid more often.....
I worked a sort for a year and LOVED getting paid everyweek, it may have only a hundred-hundred-fifty but it was money coming in every week. it tossed me for a loop for a while to get paid one week, then get paid three weeks later and then get paid a week or so later

drewed

Shankman
I see what youre saying, youd have to set aside x dollars for bills and rent and whatnot....ill be glad to go back to that tho

W

westsideworma

yea this is true, we saw the paperwork for it at my building a couple weeks ago.

You're still salaried 27.5 a week, but the half month "bonus" will now be factored into your pay. So yes you'll see somewhat of a raise due to this. I believe there were other things that they said were somewhat different, but actually work just the same as before (holiday wage, times when OT kicks in etc)

writer

Preoad Supervisor
This is the pits.

I'd prefer our pay went back to monthly, on the 26th of every month. As a college student, that made life easy. I would get paid at one time and was able to easily pay my rent and bills and not worry about budgeting throughout the month. I was peeved enough when we went to bi-monthly, but now this?

And our half-month "bonus" check is now going away? Now I'll have to save up for XMas throughout the year. (Like that's going to happen :()

Once we go to weekly pay and no more bonus, we'll officially be what everyone already knows we are - glorified loaders.

No way, man. Once a month for a paycheck sucks. I NEVER want that.

writer

Preoad Supervisor
yea this is true, we saw the paperwork for it at my building a couple weeks ago.

You're still salaried 27.5 a week, but the half month "bonus" will now be factored into your pay. So yes you'll see somewhat of a raise due to this. I believe there were other things that they said were somewhat different, but actually work just the same as before (holiday wage, times when OT kicks in etc)

As another poster said, the Xmas pay wouldn't be taxed as heavily, true. But having that broken up over 52 weekly checks will barely show a difference at all. lol

Say for example one gets $800 every 2 weeks. After taxes maybe you will have $650. (using round numbers) Divide the latter by 52 and you have $12.50. :) Oh, well!

However, I DO like the weekly pay, which should result in less tax withheld out of one's pay. Not much, though.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
When I received my half month check I would put it all in my 401k, that way they wouldnt, and couldnt tax it. I think that I would pay about 50 dollars in taxes, that way I would end up with the extra 250 they would have taken out in taxed in my 401. I would recomend any one who still has that option, not to put as much in during the year and put all the half month in because you make out much better. Jmo

BigBrownSanta

This is the pits.

You may be getting paid every week, but no one is making you cash the checks or look at your bank account every week. Save 'em up and make 1 deposit or only look at your bank account on the 26th. JMO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the pits.

Your parents charge you rent? Whoa, dude, that's harsh!!

drewed

Shankman
Id imagine if they do this to pt sup, theyd follow suit with the ft management sometime after, having a pay day on a date (as opposed to day) creates a problem in payroll

KidUPS

Is this policy going into effect for all PT Sups across the US? I have not heard a single thing about this in my HUB in the South Cal.